55 ⚔️ Adora

En başından başla

After several minutes of laughter and chasing each other around the palace grounds with snowballs in our hands, it was time to make our way back inside. It was getting very cold, so Glimmer suggested that she make us all some hot chocolate.

Bow, Catra and I went to help her in the kitchen and Catra and I decorated each other's hot chocolates with whipped cream and little marshmallows. 

Once our delicious creations were completed, Catra turned to me and held her mug out, so I could gently clink mine against hers. 

"Cheers," she said, as she took a sip of the hot chocolate. After she had sipped some of it, her eyes widened with amazement, "Wow! That is amazing," she said, "Sparkles does it again," she added, as she glanced towards Glimmer with an expression of admiration. 

"Well, what can I say? I learnt from the best," Glimmer said, as she glanced towards the picture of Queen Angella that was on the wall of the kitchen. Glimmer smiled but I could sense there was some sorrow in her eyes, before I could make my way over to comfort her, though, King Micah soon entered the kitchen to join us all. 

"She would have been so proud of you, Glimmer," he said, as he smiled towards her and his eyes shone with pride. 

"Dad!" Glimmer yelled out happily, as she rushed over to her father to wrap her arms around him. "It's so good to see you!" she said. 

"Well, I was hardly going to miss a visit to see my amazing daughter and son-in-law now, was I?" Micah asked. 

"Hi, sir," Bow said, as he smiled in Micah's direction. 

"Hi, Bow," Micah replied, as he smiled back with warmth, "And Adora and Catra. It's great to see you girls, too!" he said. 

"You too, King Micah," I said with a smile. 

"Hi King Micah," Catra said, "Adora, shall we get going?" she asked. 

Catra grabbed a hold of my upper arm as she rested her head against my shoulder and smiled. 

"Now, I better catch up with Glimmer. I'll see you two later," he said. 

Catra and I waved to him and soon made our way out of the kitchen, so we could make our way towards our bedroom again. 

Once we got there, Catra made her way over to the bed and collapsed upon it. 

"I am exhausted," she said. 

I went to join her then and lied beside her, as I stared up at the stars on the ceiling above us. 

"Yeah, me too. We should probably sleep, huh?" I asked her. 

Catra turned to me and her eyebrows creased together slightly. 

"I'm not that exhausted," she said, as she moved in to kiss me again. Catra placed kisses on my cheeks and jaw and neck and then returned to my lips, where she kissed me for several moments more. When Catra drew back from the kiss, she had a glint in her eye that told me that she was thinking about something. I just wasn't sure what. 

"Are you okay, Catra?" I asked her. 

"I am... I wanted to ask you something, though," she told me. 

I gave a nod, then. 

"Alright," I said, as I sat up on the bed beside her, "What is it?" I asked her. 

Catra stood up from the bed and held a hand out, so I took it to stand up next to her. She remained quiet for a moment, so I simply met her with an expression of curiosity. 

"Is everything okay?" I asked her. 

"I've been waiting for the right time to ask you this...and I figured that time was now," she said, as she took a deep breath and then knelt to the ground before me. 

I felt my eyes widen slightly, in realisation. 

"Adora, I love you ever so much. I have wanted to ask you this for a really long time but...there were so many distractions and opportunities gone amiss that- anyway, I'm rambling again. The point is that I love you and I always have! I always will! I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Adora, because you are my everything in all of Etheria. There is nobody that matters to me as much as you do," Catra said, "So, Adora, will you marry me?" she asked, as she presented me with a golden ring with the finest pink and violet gemstones in Etheria embellished into the top of it. 

As my heart began to beat on steadily within my chest, I felt a smile work its way onto my face. 

"Yes, I'll marry you, Catra. Of course, I will!" I said. 

Catra grinned, as relief mixed with happiness filled her eyes and she gently moved the ring down my finger, so I could admire it in the light that beamed in through our window. 

I then leaped into Catra's arms with such force that it almost sent the two of us falling down upon the bed again. 

"I love you, Catra," I said. 

"I love you, Adora," Catra replied, as she held my gaze for a moment and then pressed her lips tenderly to mine again, as her fingers entangled in my soft hair.