JUU-ICHI

playlist-♡

🎶

james arthur - say you won't let go

↪ ⏪ ▶ ⏩ 🔊

01:34 -------------------●--------------------------- 03:31

The afternoon sun shone on the surface of the lake, the water sparkling like a thousand stars

The afternoon sun shone on the surface of the lake, the water sparkling like a thousand stars. Nearby, a young man was currently setting the paper plates on the red picnic blanket. A big wicker basket sat atop a rock jutting out of the otherwise perfect grass, with a young woman sifting through its contents with a small pout on her lips.

"What are you looking for Y-Y/N?"

Said girl looked up from her place next to the basket at the young man who spoke, his curious green eyes looking at the basket. Izuku Midoriya was wearing denim cargo shorts and a white shirt that slightly hinted at the muscular body underneath.

She blushed. Was that because he looked particularly attractive today, or was it just the heat from the sun?

"Uh-um, nothing! J-just checking on our refreshments and rations for the day, hehe!" Y/N chuckled nervously and shooed the boy away. This made him quirk a brow.

Apparently, Y/N and his mother went to the grocery for their picnic today. When they came back an hour later, Y/N was unusually silent, as the princess would usually tell him something about her day in a talkative manner, waving her hands in the air as she babbled (a habit she picked up from him). When he confronted her about it, she put on a poker face and refused to tell him.

This placed him in a Debby Downer mood and he sulked the remainder of the day. The next day, he was surprised to find her ready and waiting by the door with the wicker basket in hand. Inko had driven them to the lake, with him promising to call her if ever they were ready to go back home.

He was interrupted out of his thoughts by Y/N calling his name.

"Izuku! It's time to eat!"

The greenette kept his eyes on the basket, wanting to know its contents. To his surprise, she pulled out a Tupperware of katsudon.

"Katsu..don?"

Blood rushed to her cheeks as she clenched the fabric of her yellow sundress, "Mi-midoriya-san told me that it was your favorite choice of food...so I asked her to teach me how to make it for you..."

A smile made its way to his cheeks, "Thanks for the food!"

Her blush grew as she turned away to hide it, pretending to sift through the basket again to let her face cool down. She pulled a Tupperware out and opened it, revealing it to be takoyaki.

The two ate in comfortable silence while they listened to the birds tweeting from their branches and the breeze rustling through the leaves.

Once they finished eating, the princess handed him a bottle of strawberry milk while she held her own.

Still holding his bottle, Izuku stood up, earning him a confused look.

"Where are you going?"

"Walking. Come with me?"

The girl stood up, the rim of her sundress fluttering in the faint wind. Y/N grabbed his hand in her own, feeling the scars and callouses of his equally rough yet larger hands. Izuku jolted when he felt her soft skin come in contact with his own.

"D-do you mind...?" Her voice trailed off meekly as she gazed at the red-faced boy for confirmation. He merely shook his head and smiled at her shakily. Y/N bit her lip and faced ahead.

He was now certain.

Izuku Midoriya was falling in love.

The two strolled along the grassy shores of the lake, Y/N pointing out various things in curiosity while Izuku answered them for her. The air was filled with soft chatter and the occasional laugh as they walked.

Seagulls flew overhead, heading in the direction of the sea just miles away from there. The breeze smelling of wildflowers and clean rainwater caressed the surface of the lake in gentle ripples while the pair sat on the docks, dipping their feet in the water.

Izuku glanced at her, lips trembling as if he was about to say something.

'Is..Is it really the right time to say the things I want her to hear out loud?'

He blew a deep breath out of his lungs. She faced him in a whiplash, startled by his sudden movement.

"Wh-what's wrong Izuku?"

"Y-Y-Y/N!!

Come on Izuku. Spit it out, he thought.

"Um-yes?"

"A-after a while since we met, you really interest me," Izuku gulped and continued, less stuttery this time, "Whenever I feel insecure or I doubt myself, then you remind me that everything is fine about me. When everything goes wrong, you make me feel alright again,

"You make up most of my thoughts, and sometimes all I can think about is you. D-don't get me wrong, but I've been feeling this so strongly, that I can't hold it back anymore. So what I want to say to you now is that," he faced her, jade orbs centering on gobsmacked E/C eyes.

"I like you! I like you! I like you! And I hope you will a-a-accept my feelings for you too!"

The girl was silent. But her thoughts and feelings raged. She could feel her eyes water slightly.

Finally, she opened her mouth to give him a quiet answer,

"...I'm happy," Y/N whispered, clenching his hands in hers, "Almost too happy that I wished that time would stop for a moment. I-Izuku...I'm happy that you told me your feelings. I really do. Thank you..."

He perked up, but still kept his mouth shut when she opened her lips to continue,

"However, i-it's still too early for me to decide an answer. I..I don't know whether I should accept your feelings or not."

His bottom lip trembled. Seeing his expression, she panicked internally,

"I-It's not that I don't like you! I-It's just- ugh! I just need..." Y/N trailed off, tears falling down her pink cheeks. The princess closed her eyes tightly and heaved a breath, "... I just need time. Time to sort my feelings out. I'm happy, but I need to find out if the reason of this feeling is you!"

The H/Cette faced the lake, still holding one of his hands in hers- whilst the other hand made sure to wipe her cheeks free of tears as he stood behind her,

"I won't keep you waiting, but I'll sort this feelings. S-so please wait for me! If I'm ready, then I-I'll definitely tell you!"

The greenette paused for a moment before attempting the boldest thing he'd ever done in his life: he tugged her to his chest. With happy tears streaming down his freckled cheeks- a smile etched onto his face, he hugged his arms around her waist.

It was as if he didn't want to let go. And to be honest, she wasn't complaining.

She only hoped that in this moment, the sensation of his warm skin, his teary jade eyes, and the intimacy of the situation will be one memory she would look back on in the days he won't be with her.

Y/N hoped this beautiful memory would last forever.

And so were his words,

"I'll be waiting."