"Do you think Lia will do fine with this VP info?" I asked the others.

Grace gave a slight nod and a shrug.

"I really hope so. I feel bad for partnering with her opposed 'enemy'," Daisy answered, putting air quotes when she said enemy.

The brunette patted her back. "It's alright. It's the voters' choice. There should be no bad feelings in the end anyway. You're both a better candidate than I would ever be. I used to think organized elections were popularity contests! You'll both do fine!"

Daisy's head was down, quietly taking occasional sips from her banana milkshake. After Grace's words she looked up. "Those were some reassuring words. I think you're right. I think everything will be fine!"

I nodded my head in agreement. 

"That's true. I'm such a douche for doubting you at first!" I exclaimed.

"Nah. It's fine. You were partially right anyway. But we're on a good note now," Grace said with a smile. She then took a happy sip from her chocolate malted shake. 

We all smiled.

<~-~>

Since the picking of candidates was on a Friday, that meant today was finally the weekend! It would be nice!

When I woke up, I got a "ding!" from my phone. I thought it was some advertising text or maybe one from Zander.  I wasn't really expecting it to be a text from Elliot. I don't remember giving him my number. But maybe he just found it the stalker way. He was a yandere after all. I would give him my affection anytime!

Elliot and I chatted for a bit, then my mom called me. "Milly! You awake already?" she shouted.

I did my best to pretend I just woke up. "Yea...." I responded in a fake groggy voice.

My mom must've had amazing hearing skills as I said that a bit softly as she responded back with, "Come down for breakfast then!"

"Mk...." 

I got up from my bed with a little pain in my right knee. I did my best to at least look clean before I went downstairs to the kitchen. When I entered the kitchen, I ate mom's new blueberry pancakes. I gave her a thumbs-up, then told her about how I would meet with Elliot later.

"Isn't he your crush?" she asked in a teasing way.

"Well, the feeling was mutual. It's a bit of a lengthy story," I told her.

"I would love to hear it, but I don't want to delay you two. I'll just hear the story another time," she said with a smile.

I loved my mom. She was pretty cool and chill, but she could be a prison guard at the same time. Pretty rare species? I bet. 

I decided to wear just some nice purple clothes. We planned to just sit and talk at the fountain near the deep part of the park. It was a sleek fountain anyway. We could make wishes if we brought pennies and dimes! I would wish a good wish. A valid wish. I then walked out with a tiny shoulder bag which held my phone and wallet. It also held some candy just in case.

When it was about 11am, I walked to where Elliot said to go, which was his house address. 

I think I arrived at the address pretty early because the pink-haired gardener wasn't out yet. 

I waited for a couple of minutes, and then saw someone frantically pushing Elliot out the house door. I giggled. It was a cute and funny sight. 

"Hey Milly!" he addressed me.

"Hai Elliot!" I greeted with a genuine grin. 

He gave me a tulip and smiled back.

My eyes turned down to the sidewalk and I felt the right corner of my mouth stretch.