Chapter 3

Be True

A Story by BookishBanana13

Lia POV

(Setting: Jake's Party)

Ugh. I had no 'friends' to party with. Drew was being dragged by Sadie weirdly. And to be honest, I heard that the magenta haired boy was going to break up with Zoey because he saw her with her sugar daddy. Liam was trying to flirt, and Henry was stuffing his big mouth with food. How can such a dwarf have that big of an appetite? I didn't have to flirt with Jake since Zoey wasn't here anyway. It was just me and my punch. Yes, only my punch and parents get me. (sigh~)

"Hi Lia! Enjoying the party!" a girl said.

It was Daisy. The angel talking to me? Ok, she's weird.

"Uh...not really? What about you?" I asked.

"Oh! I'm fine. Jake's invitation made it seem more like a ball than a party party though," she said handing me the invitation.

Gosh. This boy really is whipped for her. "Ah. Cool!" I said.

"You don't seem okay. Something wrong?" she asked. Weirdly she was making me vulnerable.

"Yes. My whole life." Shoot. That accidently slipped out.

"Wanna talk? My friends say I'm a therapist. We can talk in the bathroom," the angel kindly said.

"Yea...sure."

After the party, we ended up being surprisingly good friends.

Daisy POV

Was I surprised to befriend Lia? 1000000000000%. She had such a bad reputation, but I soon figured out that peer pressure was her downfall. It was such a sad thing. 28% of 90% students got their status boosted because of peer pressure. Unfortunately, it seemed like Lia was in that bunch. I felt so bad for her. We talked about it during the party because both of us were bored. We also met someone from the music club. She had pink hair and her name was Milly. She was really nice.

She opened up a little too, and we talked for a long time. We took turns getting food and coming back. It was nice. It's like I always knew them all my life. But high school is really that point in life where you figure out who you are and who to trust. These girls were definitely on my list.

So, I invited them for a sleepover for next weekend. They both agreed. I was excited.

Milly POV

"Hey Milly,~!" the gardener said walking up to me.

I blushed. "Hi Elliot!"

We had an in depth conversation while drinking some punch and such. Gosh, he was a cutie.

His friends came in and he told me, "Hey Milly, I'm going to talk to my friends, so see you?"

"Yea."

I was the same color as my hair. I went to the bathroom to cool off a little because Luke actually had other friends besides us. (Surprising right?)

I saw two girls were in the bathroom talking, one who was Jake's crush and the other who I recognized.

It was my annoying Zoey's friend, Lia, and Daisy the nice girl.

Weirdly, Lia seemed like she was almost crying, and the angel was comforting her.
"What are you doing here?" I glared at Lia.

Daisy butt in. "Let's be nice to her and hear her out. She could use a friend."

She confessed and I felt so bad for her. She apologized for all the bullying, and we became friends. All 3 of us ended up talking with each other. It was nice.

Daisy invited us to a sleepover, and we accepted.

I earned 2 new girl friends just by going to a party.

Life is weird but pleasant sometimes.