Chapter 16

Daisy POV

"Hey Dad!"

"Well, hello my dear Daisy! Nice posters you got there," my father said pointing to the giant papers I had in my arms. 

"Thanks! It's for the election!"

"Is that why your pink-haired, what was her name? Oh! Milly! Is that why your friend, Milly has been coming over for a bit?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yep! And I'm going to meet her at school to put these up!"

"Okay Honey! Now have a good day at school!"

"Thanks Dad!" I exclaimed, leaving the house with all my belongings. 

I was really glad our family bond was stronger. I guess it was an average bond? I actually don't know what happened. Dad just snapped out of his 'be professional all times' zone and became an actual father? He even called and apologized to my older sister. I know because she texted me right after it happened. She asked me why father was being nicer or kinder. She knew dad would never do stuff like that. But she also confessed in the texts that she actually enjoyed the conversation. 

So this family was fixing up those boo boos. Bandages were covering up silly mistakes from the past. And bonds were getting better. I appreciated that. 

When my mom and I arrived at the school, I got out of her white car, carrying all my stuff. It was a tad bit heavy, but luckily Millicent was there already. She ran to me, getting the posters out my hands. 

"Hey Daisy! Since we're early, we should set up this stuff, shouldn't we?" she greeted and asked. 

My left hand held a little boxes pins that we were going to tape under the posters, and my right hand was holding my pastel blue, owl lunchbox. They were still full. I nodded aggressively as a yes. 

We headed to our lockers to at least, put our backpacks in. Then we roamed the hallways, stopping at parts that the walls were empty. We put up the pretty and sleek posters. After that, we did our best to put the boxes on the posters. We used tape and glue, which took a bit of our time. We did it in the end. 

We stopped by my locker first. We did a high-five.

"Great job, girl!" Milly exclaimed, wiping off a nonexistent sweat. 

"Yep! Thanks for helping!" I responded, closing my stuff after getting my supplies.

"No probs Daisy! Anything for my friends," she said with happy eyes.

I smiled back. Milly really was an awesome and wholesome friend to have. Man, this would've been harder if I was never friends with her. Or Lia, in that matter! I really loved my friends. 

We then walked side-by-side to her locker. It was a pretty short walk, I won't lie. It was a nice, short, and quiet walk. This time she opened her locker and touched a piece of paper first. I knew what it was. It was another note from Elliot.

Brilliant

Your whole existence is beautiful

You always look beautiful

Your brain is always thinking brilliantly

Are you a human or an angel on Earth?

2 more notes until you figure out who I am.

Here are your clues

#6 I like the color magenta. It's a main color of my favorite flower.