My soul ached. I was torn—how was I supposed to kill Sooyoung? I grew up isolated, not knowing how to defend myself from the world. I had no mental nor physical power to execute this beast, yet there was a spark inside of me ordering me to do so.

"Alright..." I began, gaining everyone's attention. I looked over towards Jungeun and Jiwoo who were standing side by side, holding hands. They continued to stare back at me, their eyes beaming with anticipation.

Chaewon, who was on the other side of Yeojin, pursed her lips together and gazed at me tensely—Yeojin doing the exact same—looking me straight in the eye with a hopeful expression.

Finally, Heejin, who was on my other side, gave me a reassuring glance. She nodded her head as if she was saying, "Take your time, we believe in you".

"I'll help you." I finally breathed out with a shaky tone.

The group stopped. Their faces lit up, generating both a warm and a high-strung feeling to spread throughout my body.

"Are you sure, Y/n?" Heejin asked tenderly. The question sent a shiver down my spine, allowing for a light blush to form on my cheeks. There was something about the way she spoke that made butterflies emerge in my stomach. Her voice was deeper than the rest of the girls, yet it was sweet and calming at the same time. It was addicting, naturally.

If I'm being honest, the overall aura of these women made me feel a certain way. They were special in so many ways, regardless of me barely even knowing them.

From the way Jiwoo brought so much energy to the group, and how Jungeun was naturally hilarious, to Heejin being calm and protective of everyone around her. It's the way Yeojin's eyes shone in the light and how Chaewon's tiny features and mouse-like voice made me feel so much joy. These five girls made me feel so many different emotions to the point where I was overwhelmed. Wonderland seems to be such a beautiful place, simply because of the beautiful women within it. It's like a drug, I'm simply obsessed with—

"Y/n?"

"Huh?"

I snapped back into reality and looked up at the small crowd in front of me.

"Are you alright?" Chaewon wondered. She furrowed her eyebrows in solicitude and took a step closer to me. "Heejin just asked you if you were sure you wanted to do this, but... You zoned out."

"Oh!" I exclaimed, "I'm terribly sorry—you see, I'm still getting used to the new environment. You're just that you're all so..." I trailed off.

"We're all so what?" Jiwoo urged in a disconcerted tone. 

"Uh..." I paused, trying to think of the right word to say without sounding weird. "You're all so wonderful!" I finally concluded with a weak smile.

The girls looked at each other in silence, until Jungeun let out an uncomfortable laugh.

"Oh Y/n, you're special." She stammered and patted my head. "C'mon, let's keep moving, we're nearly at the White Palace."

I opened my mouth to respond but refrained from doing so, simply just smiling and continuing to walk onwards.

What was so funny about what I said? I know it was awkward but it was still a compliment... Perhaps they don't say things like that here.

I decided to shake the thought out of my head and focus on getting to the White Queen.

As we resumed our trip, Heejin told me stories of Wonderland. I listened to her carefully, not interrupting—how could I have? Everything she said was so intriguing.