9

We're Not Friends | 9

Day Continued
Saturday
June 25th, 2022

The feeling of Ross' lips enveloping her lips isn't a foreign feeling. They've kissed numerous times for Austin and Ally. However, the feeling, as in the butterflies currently in her stomach and the tingly sensation on her lips as they moved in unison, is new. Ross' thumb brushes against her cheek as he deepens the kiss slightly, his tongue barely touching hers. Laura's hands, which have been gently placed on Ross' waist, suddenly start traveling up his body until they're laying flat against his chest. Feeling his heartbeat beneath her hand makes her panic. She pushes on his chest and Ross, who wasn't expecting that, stumbles backwards with his eyes wide open and his mouth parted. Laura immediately brings her hand up to her lips, her fingers touching the tingly skin.  She waits for Ross to say something, anything, but he doesn't. He simply stares at her, his eyes still slightly wide. What just happened? is all he can think.

"What are you doing?" She breathlessly asks. He blinks at her, unsure of how to answer that loaded question.

"I don't know." He admits. Laura brings her fingers away from her lips, her eyebrows slightly creased as she looks at her hand. She can still feel his heart beating, maybe it's my own rapid heart beat? "Are you mad?" He asks. She shakes her head.

"No." She whispers.

"Would you be mad if I said I wanted to kiss you again?" She bites the inside of her cheek.

"No." Her voice is quieter this time. He debates on whether to kiss her again. I mean, she said she wouldn't be mad if he thinks this way, so does that count for his actions, too? Would she mind if he actually kissed her again? Before he got too lost in his thoughts, Laura takes a step closer to him. Without hesitation, without any thought into her actions, she grabs fit fulls of his t-shirt, stands on her tippy toes, and presses her lips against his. It doesn't take Ross long to bring his hands to her lower back, pressing her body into his. He moans the second their tongues meet. That only causes Laura to panic again. Quickly, she moves her head back and looks up into his eyes. "Why are we doing this?" She asks him, her grip on his shirt loosening.

"I don't know, Laura." He leans his head back down to kiss her. She moves her head back further and he grunts.

"I'm serious, Ross." He throws his head back. He was hoping he wouldn't have to think anything over. He doesn't want to think it over because he doesn't know what he's thinking. Or feeling. His mind is a jumbled up mess right now. It kinda has been all night. He takes a deep breath and looks her in the eyes.

"Can I ask you something first?" He asks, taking one of his hands off of her back and bringing it up to her face. He cups her cheek, his thumb brushing underneath her eye again. Laura leans into his hand, causing a small smile to form on Ross' lips. Ross is taking her silence as a yes, he can ask her something first. He first searches her face for any emotion he can read. She's confused, that's evident and the first thing he picks up on. "Are you okay with this?" She furrows her eyebrows. "Are you okay with me kissing you?" She only nods her head. "Laura, sweetheart, I have to actually hear you be okay with it. Hearing your voice makes it easier to read you." Sweetheart. Hearing that word come out of Ross' mouth was different. He's called her a sweetheart before, but never in such an intimate way. Too many new emotions are swarming around in both their heads. Deciding she wants to feel something normal again, she decides to do what they do best; mess with each other.