𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO:THE MISSION

CHAPTER TWO:
THE MISSION

"SO, WE ALL KNOW WHO Director Nick Fury is, I assume?" Beatrix asked, looking at her small group of people that she had brought together. The four nodded their heads in response. "Good. Well, you, Agent Daniels, have a special mission."

"Yes, so I've read." Sage deadpanned, her eyes scanning over the file as she was still reading through it before her eyes landed on a woman. She had brown hair, fair skin, and blue eyes that stared into Sage. She furrowed her eyebrows, continuing to look at the picture before asking, "Who's she?"

Beatrix couldn't help but smirk. "I see you've taken a liking in her." Sage looked up at the woman, her eyes narrowing into a dangerous glare. Sage was bisexual, but she would be lying if she said she wasn't in to women more than she was men. Honestly, she wouldn't be surprised if she was completely gay. She hated men. Except for Blake, she tolerated him. Beatrix knew this about the girl, and whenever it came to a woman, she somehow always managed to bring Sage's sexuality into it.

"Do not bring that into this." Sage snarled, wanting to have her first mission on her own that didn't deal with it involving her sexuality.

"Before you go all wolf on me, can I explain what you're to do?" Beatrix asked, rolling her eyes at the black haired woman. Sage narrowed her eyes at her before looking down at the picture once more, silently telling the older woman to continue. "That is Agent Maria Hill. Also known as Nick Fury's right hand woman."

"Okay?" Sage asked, frowning slightly.

"I want you to kill her."

"Well, we're not even going to skip over the blunt stuff today, are we?" Roxanne asked, cocking her head slightly as she gave Beatrix a sarcastic smile. It was a known fact that Blake, Roxanne, and Sage all tried to keep Malia out of the bloody stuff. It was an instinct for all of them. They didn't want her to turn out like they all had.

"Malia, go do your work for today." Blake instructed his younger sister, his eyes narrowing dangerously at Beatrix before he turned his eyes to look at Malia, his gaze instantly softening. Malia nodded her head before standing up from the table. Roxanne and Sage both shot the teen a small smile before she left the room.

"She's going to end up doing this eventually." Beatrix said, an annoyed sigh leaving her lips.

"She's not going to end up doing anything until she has to." Blake snapped.

"Beatrix, she's only thirteen." Roxanne told the woman. Even though the group were apart of HYDRA, they were way more sympathetic towards Malia than they were anyone else. They were like a twisted family, and only they were allowed to see each others emotions―︎ although that wasn't very often whatsoever.

"Yes, the same age range in which I rescued Sage."

"I was fifteen." Sage corrected her. "I was two years more mature, almost sixteen. Thirteen is when you're supposed to be a kid and miss the age of ten."

Beatrix sighed again before shaking her head. "Let's get back on hand, shall we?" The three were silent as they watched the woman. "You are going to kill Maria Hill and you're going to be completely and utterly discreet about it. No one can see you. No one can see her. The smallest of things can lead to your mission being compromised."

"And how the hell do you expect me to do that?" Sage asked. "I can't exactly walk up to Maria Hill and be like, 'Hey, I got to be discreet, can you follow me down this alley so I can shoot your brains onto the sidewalk.'"

"It'll be hard, but I think you can do it." Beatrix nodded her head slightly. Sage cocked a patient eyebrow at the woman. "You have to get close to her. You have to friend her, date her, get her to trust you-"

"Wait, wait, wait. Pause. Hit the pause button." Sage quickly ushered out. "You wnat me to date a SHIELD agent? No, wait, let me elaborate, you want me to date Maria Hill, Fury's right hand woman, who could probably bury me six feet under with the flick of her finger."

"Exactly." Beatrix nodded. Sage's mouth parted slightly as her eyebrows were raised. She clicked her tongue, closing her mouth as she nodded her head. "All you have to do is complete the mission, and give a report once you get back."

"Mhm. How long do you expect for this to take?" Sage quizzed, closing the folder and placing it under her arm as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"However long it needs to take." Beatrix answered her. Sage sighed before nodding her head.

"Fine."

"I knew you'd agree." Beatrix smirked. Sage gave her a sarcastic smile before forcing herself up from the table and walking away, down the hall, and back into the library where she closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh. How the hell was she supposed to accomplish this?

 How the hell was she supposed to accomplish this?