Chapter 9 Christmas is just around the corner

It's a couple days later since Dave had dinner with Claire and we are all decorating the Christmas tree.

Simone passes Dave a packaged toothbrush to hang on the Christmas tree which Dave looks at and says "toothbrush huh ok". Dave reaches for another thing to hang on the Christmas tree and Theodore gives him a sandwich Dave shakes his head while saying "no". After that we all go to bed since it is late now but a couple hours into the night Theodore wakes up because of a nightmare. Which wakes me up when he moves to get off the chair to go find Dave I yawn and roll onto my side to go back to sleep knowing Theodore will be fine.

Time skip-

I feel someone shaking me awake I open my eyes to see Simone smiling widely at me "come on Nova get up it's Christmas morning" I bolt up so fast I almost head butt Simone due to my excitement that today is Christmas. "Is Dave up yet" ? I ask Simone shakes his head no we then both jump down from the chair along with Alvin and we sprint on all fours to Dave's bedroom to wake him up. "Theodore wake up it's Christmas" Alvin shouts as soon as he gets into the room "come on man it's Christmas" Simone say's in equal excitement. Theodore gets down from off Dave's head and says "oh boy oh boy oh boy" . Dave wakes up due to all the noise the guys are making "come on Dave wake up it's Christmas" I say with a wide smile on my face. Me and the guys jump off the covers of the bed and onto the floor so that Dave can get up. Dave pull back the blanket as he says "oh yeah Christmas great I'm coming".  "Come on Dave" Alvin says as he starts sprinting out the door "hurry up dad" Theodore says as he is rushing past the doorway. "Dad" ? Dave says questioningly "Dave hehehe I said Dave" Theodore responds nervously. "This is shaping up to be my favorite Christmas ever" Alvin says as he goes to grab his present out from under the tree. "Your gonna want to open mine first Dave" Simone says confidently "no open mine first" Theodore says with vigor. "No Dave mines better" Alvin says with smugness in his voice. "My present is really good though please open mine first Dave"  I say with enthusiasm "wow you guys got me presents" Dave says with wonder "of course" me and the guys all say at the same time. We place our presents onto the little table in front of Dave's chair which he sits down in getting comfortable. "ok ladies first Nova" Dave says as he grabs my present and opens it revealing to be a photo collage of me the guys and Dave. "wow a photo collage how did you get all of these pictures"  I smile happy that Dave likes my gift "Claire helped me secretly take pictures and make this". Dave nods his head in acknowledgment "well it's very nice thank you Nova"  Dave then puts my gift back onto the table "ok next Simone". Dave grabs the little brown box that has a red bow on it that's in front of Simone and opens it "wow it's uh" Dave says not knowing what it is which I silently giggle at. "It's a paper clip compass" Dave nods his head at the info "wow a paper clip compass now I will never get lost". Alvin pushes his present towards Dave and says "me next" Dave grabs the present from him "Alvin" he says as he unwraps it "huh my wallet" Dave says trying to act excited. "Do you like it really I wanted to get you something that you use everyday" Dave holds his wallet tighter while saying "and I have been using this wallet for almost 10 years now very thoughtful Alvin thank you". Dave puts his wallet down next to him so he can look at the next present "yeah the look on your face says it all Dave". Theodore jumps up onto the arm of the couch next to Dave to get a better look at Dave's reaction to his card. "hm nicely done Theodore to Dav let's see it says merry Christmas love Theodore and it's got a nice picture of uh some pineapples" ? Theodore looks exasperated as he says "those aren't pineapples that's our family" while pointing at the card. Dave puts the card back onto the table "uh look I need to tell you four something lets make sure we understand each other here I'm not your you know your dad or anything right". We all stay silent for a couple of seconds before Theodore speaks up "but your like a dad"  Dave glances over at Alvin, Simone and me and we smile at him agreeing with Theodore. Dave get up off his chair and walks away a little while saying "well not really I mean were friends for sure I write your music you know manage your career". Simone tugs on his clothing and says "makes us sweaters"  Alvin shrugs while saying "feed us". I wink at Dave and say " you let us watch TV like any other dad does"  Theodore  walks up next to me and says "you let us sleep in your bed when we have nightmares". Dave nods while saying "that's what friends do" I clear my throat loudly to get Dave's attention and say "Dave all the things we just listed is what a dad does therefore you are our Dad now". Dave looks uncomfortable at the fact I just stated. "So who wants to open their presents" Dave says changing the subject Alvin shouts out "uh is that a trick question we do" we all cheer and line up waiting to all get our present. I sulk a little when I get my present knowing it is a saving bond just like from the movie. (I thought me being here would at least change the movie enough so that our presents would be better). I think to myself bitterly "um Dave what is this" I say with fake confusion in my voice. "They're savings bonds you know in seven years you are going to get to buy yourself something really nice". We all look sad because we got gifts from Dave that are meant to be given to Adults not kids."Uh do you maybe have any you bought seven years ago" Alvin asks but then regrets it when Simone punches him in the shoulder. "Alvin manners" Simone whispers to Alvin then we all say thank you to Dave for the presents.

wow this is a big chapter I got a little carried away hehe this chapter has around 1125 words and as you can see it only took me an hour to write today since I wanted it to be as good as possible. I am pretty sure there aren't any mistakes in it but if there are please let me know in the comments below I hope you enjoy this chapter and I hope you all have a great day.