XIII. | THIRTEEN

☆ brief mentions of blood !

— THE ACADEMY ;

"We should've taken him to the hospital." Allison commented as her and Diego carried Five to the living room couch.

"It's a little late for that." Y/n remarked sarcastically, looking around for Grace.

"A kid with a shrapnel wound might raise some questions." Five mentioned tiredly, regaining consciousness.

"So does the murder shrine in Harold Jenkins' attic." Allison grimaced while setting him on the couch. "He's still losing blood, what do we do?"

"We gotta get the shrapnel out." Diego instructed.

He started walking away to the foyer where Grace was. "Diego, where are you going?" Allison called after him.

"Don't bother." Y/n told her and went to get their mom.

After a few hours, Allison gently shook Y/n's shoulder to wake her up and inform her that Fives injury was dealt with. Y/n went to go see him, even though he was asleep. She sat at the end of the bed he was laid on and leaned against the wall next to it, letting her heavy eyelids slip shut.

"Anything?" Diego asked Allison as he came up behind her, she stood in the doorway watching the two.

"There's no answer at Vanya's place and the receptionist at her music school said she was a no-show for her lessons today." She answered in a light voice to not wake Five or Eight.

Diego stepped away from the door way, "Hey, you okay?" Allison asked as she walked after him.

"Yeah." He answered, heading for the staircase, "We don't have enough time. We gotta go."

"I don't know, Diego." She grabbed his arm to stop him, "Five is laying there unconscious. We need him and Y/n."

"She isn't injured."

"Diego, she hasn't slept in days. She could be injured too, we don't know." Allison sighed.

"I'll go." Y/n spoke up from the doorway, rubbing her eye, "Just give me a second."

They nodded and went down the stairs. Y/n looked back at Five after they had left, grabbing a notepad and pen.

5, i'm going somewhere to help allison and diego with the end of the world. i'll try and stay safe, so you should too. and maybe rest a little too - 8 <3                                                          

She ripped the paper from the note pad and set it somewhere where he would see it whenever he woke up. She shut the door on her way out and met up with Allison and Diego. The three exited the academy. It was dark out now and the air was chilled. Allison looked through the file as Diego checked their surroundings.

"Nope," He turned to the right, taking the other two with him, "Come on this way."

"The car is back that way, idiot." Y/n insulted him and tried going to the left again.

Allison grabbed her arm, not tightly, just to hold her back and gave her a warning look. And Diego didn't reply with a snarky come back to her.

"Trust me, okay? Come on." He walked the opposite direction so the two girls followed him.

"What is going on?" Allison asked quietly.

Y/n looked behind them and saw police cars following them not too far behind.

"They're here for me, they think I did something." He answered and Y/n's lips parted in shock and she laughed a little.

"What do they think you did?"