"No thank you." She turned down immediately hanging up as her music continued.

She saw messages pop up on her phone and she scowled looking down.

doctor harris
your brother has informed me that you refuse to go to the park with Jalen and him
this means lack of improvement Miss Valentine which would cause your sessions with me to lengthen
i am aware you do not want that however failure to comprise with me will cause that
it is a win-win situation Miss Valentine.

Soraya kissed her teeth reading the message, leaving her therapist on opened knowing not to text and drive. It took her another five or so minute to get to her destination, she went to the third isle before turning off the car and sitting back in her seat. She massaged her skull leaning her hand on the windshield.

Rereading the message she thought of a reply.

Soraya
I fail to see how I win, did Trenton forget to mention how I nearly passed out last time at the park?

His response was almost instant and it left her in an even worse mood.

Doctor harris
and why is that Soraya? Because you didn't take your pills like i prescribed, this isn't looking at all good for you. I will be reporting this back to my manager; we'll also be seeing a lot more of each other.

Soraya was tempted to throw her phone out of the window but knew it'd do her no good. She took a few breaths in and out before resting her head on the car. She needed/wanted to take her pills and could feel an anxiety attack creeping up on her but she knew she'd get drowsy and she couldn't risk falling asleep at a random petrol station.

Knowing she only had one option left she picked up her phone.

soraya
come get me .
📍location

Trenton
are you okay?
i'm calling an uber to you

Soraya
I need to be physically removed from this vehicle Trenton, that won't work

Soraya kissed her teeth at his idiocy.

Trenton
alright alright I'm coming
I'm driving in Chief's car, it's a ford focus
I'll be there soon
Stay awake for me

Somehow Trenton knew Soraya like the back of his hand at least that's what he thought, he knew how'd she act and what she needed and why she is the way she is. But he didn't know what went through her head everyday.

Soon enough - 16 minutes later - Trenton arrived at the petrol station with two parking tickets accompanying him.

Parking behind his car Trenton ripped off his seatbelt opening the door he ran to his car, his baby sister had her eyes fluttering open and close with her head resting on the window sill.

"Ray, Raya, sis. C'mon Ray." Tears pooled in his eyes as he lightly shook her, "c'mon Ray. Open your eyes for me."

"T-Trent." A confused expression overtook Soraya's features as Trenton thanked the skies.

"It's okay Raya. J-Just keep your eyes open for me, little sister. That's all you gotta do." He explained fishing around the car for a water bottle. Trenton scowled to himself after not finding one and huffed, "Soraya open your fucking eyes right now and stay fucking still. Don't move." Trenton's harsh voice managed to keep Soraya awake as he placed her up-straight in the seat and ran to the shop.

"T-Tren—" Soraya gasped before coming to the realisation of the situation. She opened her purse and grabbed the pill bottle she brought with her. She reached behind her and grabbed the waterbottle hiding underneath her hoodie. She took the cap off and popped two pills before gulping down some water.

Trenton came out the shop and halted his movements seeing Soraya drinking the water he failed to find. "Fuck." He muttered to himself jogging back to the car "You good? What happened?"

Soraya kissed her teeth smacking her lips, "why the fuck did you tell my therapist I didn't want to come to the damn park, Trenton?"

"I just got my fucking hair done and I look bummy so no I didn't want to go the park, that isn't for you to then go running to my therapist. I passed out because of you fucking lot." She continued yelling.

Trenton pursed his lips together and nodded to himself, "I can't do shit right , can I?" Soraya let out a dark throaty chuckle.

"You you don't get to be upset or frustrated because of how I treat you. I'm the fucking way I am because of you and her! So don't get fucking upset with me because I don't jump into your arms and I don't look up to you with tearful eyes begging for you to take my pain away. Don't get fucking upset with me Trenton because you YOU made me this fucking way!" Trenton looked down at his shoes as tears fell from his eyes.

"No apology will ever be enough will it?" Soraya scoffed and unapologetically shook her head.

"Will your apologies heal the pain in my heart? in my head? will your apologies take away the cuts on my wrists? Will your apologies fill the sadness in my heart? Will your apologies make me stop hating myself? Will your apologies make me trust people? Will your apologies ever take away my fucked up mental issues? Will your apologies make me forget when you and mother had me in a mental asylum?" Soraya listed tears of her own me rolling down her cheeks.

"Y-your apologies don't mean shit! B-because you wasn't apologising back then! W-when she beat on me! A-and hurt me! You c-caused me all this fucking hurt Trenton! A-and everyday I'd come back to you!" She looked away from her big brother staring straight ahead, "with that stupid fucking dolly. Asking you to play with me." She took a long inhale of air, "until you separated her head from her shoulders and threw it out the window and took away everything from me. Y-you took everything away from me! Y-you took my fucking sanity! I'm fucking crazy Trenton! I-I'll never be anywhere in life! N-nowhere because I'm this crazy woman!"

Trenton opened his mouth and closed it again then repeated that action thrice more times, "I-I." He stuttered - lost for words. He got into the passenger side of the car as Soraya looked down at her hands before wiping her wet cheek, "no apology will take away any of those things. And we can never move on and I know everything I did was so so wrong. Unbelievably wrong I was too sick in the fucking head to listen to that woman and do all those things to you."

"But I love you and I'm older now. No apology will be enough, I know that, but you're my baby sister so any harmful words will be accepted with open arms. Because I deserve it all and even then it won't be anything near to anything you've endured. But you can punch and scream at me as much as you like and I'll never ever flinch or move away."

"I-I just," Soraya closed her mouth falling onto the steering wheel and sobbing, "w-wanna b-be normal!" Hitting her head against the wheel she continued crying.

"T-that's all I want!" She yelled as Trenton grabbed her by her shoulders and moved her to rest on him.

"I-I know."He stammered rubbing her arm, this is the closest they'd been in years, "I'm sorry for taking your normality away from you."

"Stop fucking apologising!" She screamed punching Trenton's neck.

"Relax relax." Trenton hugged her tightly trying to calm her down and ignore the now pain in his throat, "let's go home. C'mon."

"L-Let go of me." Soraya pulled away gasping for air.

"Relax, Ray. Just go sleep c'mon. It's okay, I got you. Now and forever, I promise." Trenton continued to stroke Soraya's newly done hair waiting for her to doze off before lying her on the backseats.