Tough Decisions

Sasha had finally come back to our apartment and she was all smiles. Although I wasn't particularly interested in her weekend with her boyfriend, I asked her about it anyway, zoning out as soon as she started moving her lips. My thoughts were about Peter, as usual, and my worries for him. The previous day was not something I really wanted to remember, especially the note and pictures. What had that note meant? Did he think he was going to lose me in some way?

    I wasn't paying much attention at work the next day. I kept getting the moves wrong or bumping into people. Everyone was becoming frustrated with me though what did they know? My boyfriend was a superhero, who was in some sort of trouble every second of the day and know he was trying to figure out his past. Everything was on top of him and it wasn't fair. Why did he have to be the one bitten by a spider? Why couldn't it be someone else?

    Getting a call from Peter, I sighed before answering, wondering what he wanted to talk about. I had just gotten into my car when my phone went off and I wanted to get home quickly.

"Hi babe." I said, trying to sound happy, I was too tired for any of this.

"Bethan, you have to come meet me." Peter said, trying to catch his breath.

"What? Where are you? What's wrong?" My instincts kicked in immediately as I turned the key in the ignition.

"Just meet me in the alleyway besides that old warehouse I used to skate in." He hung up before I could even say another word.

    After what seemed like forever, I finally made it to the destination. It didn't matter that I was only in my yoga pants and an oversized sweater, I just needed to get to Peter. Pushing the huge door to the warehouse, it made a horrible squeaky sound, as it slid open. The warehouse had been abandoned for years and it was all cleaned out. A perfect space for Peter to skate around in.

   Calling his name, I heard someting drop, like a heavy object. A swinging noise came after, and there he was. Peter was stood there in his Spiderman suit but with his mask still on. Sighing, I began to walk towards him, only for Peter to take a few more steps back.

"Peter?" It came out as I small squeak.

"I told Gwen." He said, keeping his mask on.

"Told her what?" There was slight agitation in my voice.

"About this, all of this. My promise to her dad, my superpowers-"

"What!? What were you thinking?!" I screamed marching up to him.

"Bethan, this was my decision!"

"Take off your mask, I am not going to argue with you whilst you're hiding behind it."

He pulled it off angrily, he was scowling."I had to tell her, she had a right to know about her dad."

"You didn't have to! No one forced you into this."

"Bethan, I kept seeing her dad. There were visions of him at random times, I couldn't put up with that."

"So we're back to Gwen now? You haven't gotten over your little crush yet?"

"That was ages ago! Why are you asvting jealous?"

"Whenever a problem comes up she's always there or has to be a part of it."

"Now you're just being ridiculous."

"Why didn't you tell me? About the visions?"

"It has nothing to do with you!"

"Of course it does. I'm your friend, I'm your girlfriend."

"I don't have time for this. I've got people to save." He was about to put his mask on until I grabbed it, throwing across the room somewhere.

"If you don't have time for me, if you're not willing to tell me things, then just say it. Because I am sick and tired of waiting around and worrying for you. Because you don't tell me things, I don't know what's going on and that makes me worry."

"Why do you worry so much? You know I'll be safe."

"BECAUSE PETER I LOVE YOU!" I screamed. We were just staring at each other, the sound of my heavy breathing echoing around the open space. Peter flung a spiderweb to his mask, before he swung out of the building. As he disappeared, my knees gave in, making me fall to the floor.

                                                  *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Eventually, I had dragged myself back to the apartment, finding it to be empty. Checking my phone, I saw a missed call and a new message, both from Sasha. Opening it, it read that she was at Ryan's once again, stating that she practically couldn't resist. Dumping everything on the floor, I flopped onto the sofa, trying to not breakdown again. I had no clue how long I had been at that warehouse, but the whole time I had been crying.

    Deciding to just go to bed, I went to get ready, taking my time in doing it. Though the problem was, I couldn't fall asleep, there was too much on my mind. Why had he suddenly left? It wasn't like I had never said it before. Was I being too hard on him? There was a knock at the front door, making me groan. I was going to leave it until I heard someone call my name. It wasn't Peter nor Sasha but I still recognised the voice.

   Sliding open the door, the person standing before me was quite a shock. Harry Osborn was stood there, smiling at me.

"Hey, Bethan, um....I was wondering if I could come in for a moment? I know it's late but it's quite important." He asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Come in." I stood to the side as he walked in before shutting the door again.

    We both sat on the sofa, getting comfortable before our conversation. What was he doing here so late at night? I knew that we might have been friends but not this close in such a short amount of time.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Well, it's about Peter." He started. I groaned at his name."I'm guessing you two have fallen out?"

"Yeah, it's complicated."

"It always is with Peter. That's sort of why I'm here."

"Go on."

"He's been acting so strange lately. I asked for him to help me in a certain problem and he just refused. Straight away, as if he knew the outcome of everything."

"Well, he didn't tell me anything." I lied. Of course, this was about Henry dying.

"Wow, you two are on the rocks, huh? This may or may not help, but I saw him with this girl whilst I was driving by. I'm also not on good terms with him, as you may have guessed, so I didn't bother to stop by."

"Let me guess, this girl was blonde, wear quirky outifts and was smiling all the time she was with him?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry. But I just wanted to see if you had any information about Peter's.... behaviour."

"No, I'm sorry."

"How about you? How are you feeling?"

"I'll be fine. I'll just need to speak with him, if he ever goes back to being normal."

There was a few moments silence before Harry spoke again."What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Um...I'm at work till two-"

"Perfect. I'll pick you up from there."

"Wait, Harry, what are you...." I didn't get to finish my sentence, as he had already walked out of my apartment. Why was he being so nice? What did he want? Was he just using me? Throwing my arms up in the air, I headed back to bed, knowing that I was just going to break down again.