"You can have a seat over there in our lounge and enjoy the amenities."

"Thank you." I walked outside and pressed the unlock button on the AMG key fob. There are a couple of Benz out here and I just need to point out hers. I saw the lights flash on a metallic black CLA 45. This coupe is really sleek.

I ended up moving the car into the garage and doing a couple of diagnostic tests, which confirmed my theory about the battery being the culprit. I'm kind of surprised the battery warning sign didn't pop up. I returned to the front desk when I was done and called her back over.

"So, the battery does need to be changed. Have you been here before so I can look you up in our system?"

"No, this is my first time here."

"That's fine. I can create an account for you real quick so we can look at the batteries we have available for your car. Do you have your drivers license?"

"Yes, I do. I also have the VIN number if you need it."

"Great. That will make it easier to find specific parts that are compatible with your vehicle." She handed me her ID and insurance card that had the VIN number listed on it. I entered the information into the computer and saved it as I went through the required fields. "What's a good phone number for you?"

"416-436-3822."

"Thank you."

"I don't want to sound weird, but you look familiar. I feel like I've seen you somewhere. I just can't figure out where." I couldn't help but smirk.

"We meet at the beauty supply store. I helped you get some products from the top shelf."

"Now, I recall. You're David, right?"

"And I believe you're Geneva." We both laughed since I just saw that on her drivers license.

"That's me. What a small world."

"I didn't want to say anything and make it awkward if you didn't recognize me."

"It's my bad. I come across so many people everyday. I can't keep track of them."

"It's cool. Well, we have the Duralast battery and the Optima battery."

"What's the difference between the two?"

"Both are great for high performance and durability, and have a 3 year warranty. However, the Optima is more expensive which accounts for the fact that it does last longer than the Duralast battery."

"How much more expensive?"

"The Duralast is $231.99 and the Optima is $312.99."

"I think I'll go with the Optima battery, so I don't have to think about changing it again for a while."

"Okay. I'll need you to sign at the bottom confirming that you know what services are going to be performed and you're giving us permission to work on your car. Then, you can pay via your preferred method." She signed at the bottom of the invoice. I gave her her own copy and she paid the total of $413.56 with Apple Pay.

"About how long should it take?"

"45 minutes to 1 hour. We'll call you when it's ready if you decide to leave and come back."

"Okay. Sounds good. Thank you."

"You're welcome." She went to take a seat in the lounge while I went to service her car. I made sure to take my time and do things right. I do that with every vehicle I put my hands on because all of the customers deserve the best, but this one was special. It belonged to the girl of my dreams.