CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR ~ THE WEDDING

DECEMBER 2020

Prince David and Princess Katalina: Announcement of Titles

Published 10 December 2020

The Queen has today been pleased to confer a Dukedom on Prince David of Wales. His titles will be Duke of Connaught, Earl of Oxford and Baron Arklow.

Prince David thus becomes His Royal Highness The Duke of Connaught, and Princess Katalina on marriage will become Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Connaught.

===•===

Katalina soon arrived at the Royal Chapel of All Saints.

Stepping out of the car, she smiled confidently as her father helped her with getting her train out of the car.

She fixed her veil before entering the Royal Chapel of All Saints, making her way down the aisle with her father, while smiling at the thirty selected people to attend her wedding.

She reached David, who took her hand and pulled back her veil to reveal a delicate tiara nestled on her head.

They both smiled.

"You look beautiful," David mouthed to her.

"You look handsome," Katalina mouthed to him.

Katalina and David used the Church of England vows from the Book of Common Prayer, as many royal couples have done before them.

The congregation sang a hymn then the Archbishop began the ceremony with some speech on the importance of marriage as an institution both in life, in religion and in the monarchy.

"David, will you take Katalina to be your wife? Will you love her, comfort her, honour and protect her, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?" Th Archbishop asked David.

"I will," David answered.

"Katalina, will you take David to be your husband? Will you love him, comfort him, honour and protect him, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?" The Archbishop asked her.

"I will," Katalina answered.

"Will you, the families and friends of David and Katalina, support and uphold them in their marriage now and in the years to come?" The Archbishop asked the thirty people in the chapel.

"We will," All answered.

===•===

Prince David, Duke of Connaught and Montezuma, KCVO ADC (David George Alexander John; born 13 May 1986), is the third child and youngest son of Charles, Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales and is eighth in the line of succession to the British throne.

David is styled as His Royal Highness The Duke of Connaught and Montezuma.

Princess Katalina, Duchess of Connaught and Montezuma (Katalina Maria Gisela Moretz De León; born 24 July 1983), is the elder daughter of The 14th Duke of Caminha and his wife, Princess Nicolette of Belgium and is a Latin aristocrat, peer, businesswoman, and the current heir to the dukedom of Caminha.

Katalina is styled as Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Connaught and Montezuma.

===•===

Instagram