CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN ~ G7 SUMMIT

JUNE 2021

1,023,891 likes

1,023,891 likes

connaughtroyal This morning, The Duke of Connaught, President of @commonwealthwargraves, visited Brookwood Military Cemetery to mark the very first #WarGravesWeek.

The cemetery is the largest of its kind in the UK, commemorating over 5,000 Commonwealth soldiers who fought during the first and second World Wars.

The Duke laid a wreath at the Stone of Remembrance at the cemetery's Canada Plot. Over half the war graves in the cemetery belong to Canadian service personnel, and Canadian maple trees are planted nearby.

His Royal Highness met @commonwealthwargraves gardeners and volunteers, who work to maintain the site so that it can be visited for generations to come and reopened the Commonwealth Story Exhibition, which highlights the sacrifice of Commonwealth soldiers, and has been closed during the pandemic.

View all 17,733 comments

===•===

672,547 likes

672,547 likes

theroyalfamily Her Majesty The Queen will celebrate her Platinum Jubilee from Thursday 2nd - Sunday 5th June 2022 🎉

The weekend will provide an opportunity for communities throughout the UK to come together to celebrate this historic milestone.

Events will include:

💂‍♀️ Trooping the Colour.
🔥 Lighting of Platinum Jubilee Beacons.
⛪️ Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's Cathedral.
🎸A live concert 'Platinum Party at the Palace'.
🍰 The Big Jubilee Lunch.
🎭 The Platinum Jubilee Pageant.

Head to our link in bio to find out more.

View all 6,119 comments

===•===

The Duke and Duchess of Connaught ☑️
@ConnaughtRoyal

Congratulations to Harry, Meghan, and Archie on the arrival of baby Lilibet Diana 💕