Chapter 20 - A Day In L.A.

I unzipped my suitcase and rummaged through it, I found my purple bikini then I walked to the bathroom to change. Once I was changed I grabbed my sunglasses, phone and headphones. "Come on Joesph" I skipped out of the room. As I got to the stairs someone grabbed me and was now carrying me bridal style, I screamed "Put me down!" I turned my head and Joe was laughing. I threw my arms around his neck as he ran down the stairs and outside, "Joe don't you dare!" I screamed. Joe ran towards the pool and jumped in with me still in his arms. We both went under the water and when we surfaced again we both laughed. Jack, Finn and Caspar were all standing at the edge of the pool, Caspar had a camera in his hands and the three of them were laughing.

After Joe and I splashing each other and racing up and down the pool everyone started to join us at the pool. I got out the pool and sat on Zoe's sun lounger "Hey! You're soaking!" Zoe squealed then I laughed "I'm gonna go for a walk, see you soon" I smiled and got up for the sun lounger, Zoe grabbed my hand "Are you okay?" I nodded and smiled, Zoe smiled back. I went upstairs and found a pair of shorts and vest, I put them on then I grabbed my bag and put my camera, phone and purse into it. I put on my converse and grabbed my sunglasses. I said bye to Jim and Tan who were in the kitchen and I started walking down the street. After a 15 minute walk I found a small cafe, I went inside and grabbed a seat. The cafe was a family run business and it felt homely. I looked at the little homemade menus that was on the table when someone came up to my table "Hi, can I help you today?" I looked up and saw a boy that looked about my age. "I know you! You're Katie Kat!" I started blushing "My sister loves you, is it okay if I go get her?" "Sure" The boy disappeared into the back of the cafe, I looked back to the menu. Then I heard screaming coming from the back, the boy reappeared with a smaller girl. "Kat, this is my sister Sophie" "Hi Sophie" she squealed  I stood up and hugged her "Ca-an I si-it with you?" I smiled at her "Of course!" The girl sat in the chair opposite me. "I'll get you two some drinks" Once the mysterious boy gave us some drinks  Sophie began asking me questions. "Soph, mom needs you in back" Sophie groaned "But, but, but" "No buts! Just go" Sophie got up and went through the back. The boy turned to walk through the back but I stopped him "Hey, take a seat" the boy slowly sat down "Since you know my name, I think it's only fair I know yours" "Fair enough, I'm Justin" "Well it's nice to meet you Justin" I heard my phone ringing in my back "Sorry" I rummaged in my back trying to find the phone, once I finally found it I answered "Hello" "Hey Kat, Zoe said you went for a walk but that was an hour ago so was just checking in with you" "Hey Joe, sorry I'm at this really cute cafe. I met these lovely people and I must have lost track of time" "Oh okay, well we're all going out tonight" "Okay I'll be back at the house in about half an hour" Okay, catch you then love you" "Love you too bye" I hung up the phone. "I'm so sorry about that, it's just we're here to chill and it's-" "It's your boyfriend? Kat you are all my sister talks about I think I know everything about you!" He started blushing "I'll be back tomorrow! I'll see you then" I smiled and left.

I arrived back at the house and went upstairs. I entered Joe and I's room, Joe was lying on the bed and I couldn't see his face so I walked towards the bed. His eyes were closed and he was curled up in a ball. "Joe" I whispered "Joe" I shook his shoulder slightly, "Joe I'm back" he groaned "Come on sleepy head! Get up!" his eyes opened "But I'm tired" he mumbled "And I'm Kat, nice to meet you" I giggled as I walked into the bathroom "Very funny" Joe followed me into the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror and brushed my hair "What time are we going out?" Joe looked to his watch as he approached me "In an hour" "An hour?" Joe nodded. I quickly ran to my suitcase and rummaged through to find something to wear. I quickly raced to Ericka's room "Eri, I have nothing to wear!" She was standing in front of the mirror doing her make up. "Give me a sec" Once she was finished we both rushed back to my room. Ericka rummaged through the suitcase and pulled out a short figure hugging black dress, she handed it to me "Wear that and your black heels" she smiled and returned to her room. I quickly jumped in the shower and did my hair, I decided to leave it down so I straightened it. I slipped on the dress and it fit perfectly. I quickly put on some make up but couldn't find my lipstick so I rushed back into my room, Joe was buttoning his shirt and he seemed to be struggling "Need a hand Sugg?" I giggled as I looked through my bag for the lipstick, "haha, think we're funny today do we?" Joe picked me up and dropped me on the bed. "That was just rude Joesph" I laughed, Joe lent down and kissed me. He proceeded to wrap one arm around my back and he pulled me closer to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck not breaking away from his lips. "I think we're interrupting Zoe!" "Oh my god! Joe put her down!" Joe scrambled to his feet. "Ever heard of knocking Zoe?" I stood up and saw Zoe and Alfie in the doorway "We're leaving in 10 minutes so come on" I rushed to put on another lipstick. Once I put on my shoes Joe and I headed downstairs, we were the last to be here and everyone looked so smart. "What took you two so long?" Marcus asked "Let's just say they were having some private time!" Alfie laughed, I turned bright red "Very funny Alfie" Joe jumped on Alfie's back "Let's go!" Jim announced. We all again piled into the van, I decided to vlog a little so I took out my camera.

"Hello again, so we're back in the van and everyone is dressed up fancy because we're going out to some fancy restaurant. Anyway I found this really cute family run cafe today and I'm gonna have to go back to show you guys. I met a fan called Sophie and she was absolutely lovely. It's crazy to think there is someone in L.A who actually knows about me! I'll keep you guys posted about tonight" I put the camera back in my bag. The van finally stopped "everyone out!" Jim shouted and everyone got out the van.

We all walked into the restaurant and Jim spoke to the hostess, we were all led to al table in the corner. Joe sat on my right and Ericka on my left. We all ordered drinks and everyone was chatting while we waited for food. I was talking to Zoe, who was sitting across from me, when I heard Ericka talking to Joe. "Joe, I need to talk to you about that thing" "Let's talk outside" Joe and Ericka got up from there chairs, I grabbed Joe's hand "Where you off to?" "I'll be back in a minute" Then him and Ericka walked outside. I got up from the table and went to the bathroom.

Were my best friend and boyfriend hooking up? I leaned against the wall of the bathroom, then I fell to the floor and started crying. I heard someone come in but I didn't move. Someone wrapped their arms around me, I looked up and saw Zoe "Come on, how about we go grab a drink" Zoe helped me get back to my feet, she then wiped away all my tears and fixed my make up. "Thank you Zoe" "Oh shh! Come on!"