Chapter 19 - The Flight

"Look how cute they are! Someone get me my camera!" "I need to vlog this!" My eyes fluttered open, lots of faces were looking at me and Alfie, Zoe, Ericka and Marcus had their cameras out. "What are you guys doing?" I slowly removed my head from Joe's shoulder, trying not to wake him. "You guys are far to cute!" I rubbed my eyes. "You're just jealous Zoe" Joe mumbled, I turned to him and he was stretching. Zoe sat back in her seat and Joe chuckled. "How long were we out for?" Joe shrugged then Caspar appeared from behind us "You guys have only slept for 15 minutes" "Really? Felt longer" Joe replied. I just grabbed my headphones out my bag and put them over my head. Once I plugged them into my phone I scrolled through all my music and finally settled on 'Girls' by The 1975. I took out a magazine and started reading.

About half an hour later, I need to go to the toilet. So I got up, squeezed past Finn and waited in the queue. Alfie was in front of me so we had a chat while we waited. "How's everything with Joe?" "Great actually, how's things with Zoe?" "Good" "How's Nala?" "She's great, we're just training her so it's a little stressful but I love her to bits! You'll have to come meet her" "I'd love to" Alfie then went into the bathroom. I decided that once I was finished in the bathroom I'd go speak to Zoe. After I was finished I walked back to my row and Ericka wasn't in her seat so I sat down next to Zoe "Hey Kat, how are you?" "Hey Zoe, I'm okay what about you?" "I'm good and what's up?" I took in a breath, "I think I'm jealous" I whispered to Zoe "Jealous? Of who?" "Well, don't say anything but I'm jealous that Ericka and Joe are spending so much time together" "Oh yeah, she told me about yesterday. She did seem to talk about Joe a lot, but she's your best friend she'd never do that!" "You're right Zoe, thanks!" We both spoke for a little longer until Ericka appeared "Hey Eri, where were you?" "Hey Kate, I was just showing Joe some pictures" "Oh okay, do you want your seat back?" "I don't mind" I stood up and gave Ericka back her seat. "I'll come and talk to you both later" I smiled and went back to my seat.

"Hey Kat" Joe smiled "Hey, did you miss me?" I giggled "Of course" as I sat down Joe wrapped his arms around me. "So, what do you want to do for your birthday?" I looked at Joe puzzled "I don't want anything big Joe" "We're gonna be in L.A for your 19th birthday and you deserve to be spoiled!" I didn't want anyone making a fuss about my birthday and I think Joe realized I didn't want to talk about it any longer. So Joe and I decided to watch a movie together, Joe chose 'The Hobbit' I hugged into him throughout the whole movie. Once it was finished I decided to finish editing some footage. This only took an hour so we were only about 4 hours into our flight and I was bored. I decided to watch a movie, I flicked through all the movies until I settled on 'Easy A' I was still really tired so I ended up falling asleep.

I woke up with Joe's arm around me, he was scrolling through his photos. More precisely photos of us. He clicked on the first photo in the album, it was of me and him at SITC. He slowly swiped right going through all the photos. "Hey, what you doing?" I stretched, "I thought you were sleeping" he locked his phone and put it in his pocket. "How long was I asleep?" Joe looked at his watch "About 4 hours" "4 hours? Seriously?" "Yeah, it's okay Jack's been out for at least 6!" I giggled. "Hey Kat!" Ericka was standing in the aisle, "Hey Eri, how are you?" "I'm okay but I'm tired and bored" "How's your arm?" Ericka clutched her arm "Little sore, um, can I talk to Joe for a sec?" "Of course I was gonna go to the bathroom anyway" I got up from my seat and squeezed past a sleeping Finn. I walked to the bathroom and waited in the queue. "Hey Katie" I turned behind me and saw Marcus "Marcus!" I hugged him "How long were you asleep for?" "Joe said 4 hours" "Niomi is out cold and has been for at least an hour!" I laughed. The queue was pretty long so I chatted to Marcus for a bit, after a while Caspar joined us. "Hey guys!" "Hey Cas" Marcus replied, "Hey" I gave him a quick smile, I was still angry with him. Luckily the bathroom was now free. While I was washing my hands my stomach started rumbling, I haven't eaten since this morning. I went back to my row, "Hey, come here I need to show you something!" I turned and saw Zoe. She was in the window seat and Ericka was in the aisle seat, "Come sit with us Kate!" Ericka tugged on my arm. I sat in between them and we spoke for ages. My stomach started rumbling again, I didn't like the feeling of being hungry. I had put on weight and I was happy at a size 8. I didn't want to be any thinner.

"Hey, is it okay if I go back to my seat?" "Of course Kate, we can talk in L.A!" Ericka smiled at me and I got up and saw Alfie in my seat "Hey! I would like to request my seat back!" Alfie laughed "Well I guess you can have your seat back then" he got up and went back to his seat. I sat down in between Finn and Joe. Finn was still sleeping, I turned to Joe "I'm starving!" "Their just away to come round with food" "Good!" I patted my stomach. Joe and I spoke until the air hostess came around with food. I ate mines really quickly cause I was so hungry.

We now only had about 2 hours left so I spoke to Finn for a bit after he woke up, I read my magazines, vlogged a little, cuddled Joe, listened to music and slept again for half an hour!

"We will now be beginning our decent into Los Angeles" I clapped excitedly and Joe laughed at me. I sat back and spoke to Joe about everything I wanted to do in L.A. I was so excited to be here, it was my first time in L.A and I was gonna experience it with Joe.

We slowly descended into the airport. It's was 10 am in L.A and I felt like I had already adjusted myself to the time difference. Once our flight landed and we were off the plane we all went to grab our bags from baggage claim. I walked with Ericka and we both vlogged on our way to get our bags. Once we finally got them we headed to get our mini van. Jim was gonna be our designated driver and he was happy about that. Once we had all piled into the van there was only a little room left because of all  the luggage and people, it took us about half an hour to get to our house. Everyone piled out of the van and grabbed there luggage, everyone had their vlogging cameras out as they entered the house.

From the outside it was absolutely huge and it was just as big on the inside. Everyone was now in the house and Jim shouted over everyone vlogging "Okay, everyone put your bags over there" he pointed to a space and everyone hurried to put all their luggage down "and find a seat in the living room!" It took everyone about 10 minutes to finally calm down. "Okay, I've sorted all the rooms out. If you all check this map of the house you'll find your room" People slowly got up and checked their room and hurried off to check them out. Joe and I had a room upstairs, it had a huge double bed with an en suite bathroom and it even had a balcony that had a view of the pool and of L.A! I walked out on the balcony "Joe, come on! Let's go in the pool!"