Chapter 13 - Back to School

It had been a few days since Joe arrived and he is going home today and I'm not going to see him until we go to L.A. and that's a few weeks away. Joe is leaving at 4 and I have to go to college as it was my first day back. Joe drove me to college at 9:30. "So tell me what you study again" Joe didn't take his eyes off the road "I'm studying to be a veterinary nurse" Joe pulled the car into the college car park, I looked at the clock, 9:45, I still had 15 minutes till my class, "How long do you have left of the course?" "Oh, I think there's only a couple weeks left after I come back from L.A, then I'm officially a veterinary nurse!" Joe smiled. "Well, I guess after that you could, I dunno, maybe move in with me?" "What? Really Joe?" he ran his hand through his hair and nodded "Of course Joe!" I leaned over and hugged him tight. He pulled away and kissed me "I gotta go, I'll see you at 3" I gave Joe a quick kiss and got out of the car. I turned to wave to him and continued walking into college.

I have a lecture first so I walked to the lecture hall, the teacher was running late so everyone was just talking. I took out my phone and unlocked it. I looked through my Twitter, which had blown up since Sunday. Joe and I had revealed we were together and all my social media and YouTube had blown up. I then checked my emails, as I was scrolling through I saw one that caught my eye. It was from the same email address I got the strange email about Joe from. I opened it and it read

Kat,

I tried warning you. Things will get worse, I'm only looking out for you. Meet me tonight at 4:30, I'll be waiting for you in Starbucks.

-T

Just as I was about to call Ericka and tell her the lecturer arrived. I sat for 3 hours trying to understand the email and who would be sending it. T? Who was T? The lecture finally finished and I had an hour before my next class so I went to the canteen to get some lunch. I grabbed a sandwich and tea then I sat at a table on my own. I text Ericka so I could tell her about the email. Then I heard the chair across from me screeched along the ground. I looked up, some boy with dark brown hair sat down. I was going to say 'Why the hell are you sitting with me, I don't even know you' but before I could say anything he spoke. "Hi, I'm Tom. We're doing the same course" "Oh... I've never seen you here before" I was still curious to why he was talking to me, "I tend to stay quiet, anyway enough about me. I watch your videos your Katie-Kat right?" I nodded "I watched your new video last night with... what's his name?" "Joe!" "Yeah, that guy. You looked great but you and him are like a thing?" This was the first time I'd really been asked if Joe and I were together "Um.. Yeah" Thinking about Joe and I together made me smile "You guys aren't serious though, right?" Tom laughed, "No we're serious!" I snapped at him, "Well, I think it's more you're serious and he's not" then Tom got up and left. What the hell? I went to go text Ericka but then I saw it was already 1:54pm I had class in 6 minutes. I grabbed my bag and books and ran to class.

After an hour of not concentrating and worrying about what Tom said, class was finally over. I walked out of college and Joe was leaning against his car in the car park. I walked up to Joe, "Hey beautiful, how you doing?" Joe pulled me into a hug "Hey, I'm okay I guess" Joe pulled away and he looked concerned "What's up?" "Nothing, just stressed and sad you're going home" Joe then held me close to him "I'll see you in a couple weeks" he paused and kissed the top of my head then he whispered "there's some guy over there staring at us" I turned and saw Tom standing a couple metres in front of me. I turned back to Joe "Let's go" he opened the car door and I got in the passengers side then he walked around and got in the drivers side. "I need to film something, is there a park nearby?" Joe asked "Yeah there's a park just by my house, you can film there" Joe drove back to my house and we went inside. I dumped all my books and grabbed my camera so I could take some photos. Joe grabbed his camera and we walked to the park.

Once we were at the park I took a couple of pictures of Joe then I filmed for him. "So you guys dared me to run around somewhere but I had to be dizzy first! Urgh the things I do for you!" Joe spoke to the camera. "Well, here goes nothing" he sighed and started turning in circles, he did this for at least 30 seconds then he tried to start running but fell flat on his face. I laughed so much my sides hurt. I stopped recording and went to see if Joe was okay. I knelt down beside him and he was holding the bridge of his nose and there was blood in his other hand. "Have you bust your nose?" "Well, yeah" I opened my bag and searched for some tissues, when I found some I handed them to Joe. "Thanks" I help him get to his feet and we walked back to my house. Once we got inside Joe went to the bathroom to wash off all the blood. I put my bag and Joe's camera in my room and went to check on Joe. He was still washing off the blood. "I'll grab you another t-shirt" I kissed the top of his head and went back to my room. I went into Joe's bag and grabbed a t-shirt. A little box rolled out with it, I picked it up from the floor and I bent down to pick it up. I opened it and reveled a beautiful silver ring with little diamonds. "Well, that's the surprise gone" I turned to see Joe in the doorway. "This is for me?" "Who else would it be for? I saw it the other day and was gonna give you it in L.A." "Joe..." "Oh, no it's not an engagement ring Kat! It's just a promise ring!" I sighed with relief "Okay good! Wait not good...I just-" "It's okay Kat, I understand. I just want you to know how much I love you" Joe walked over and hugged me, I handed him the box and t-shirt. He put the box back into his bag and changed his t-shirt "I saw you look!" he teased "How could I resist?" I winked which made him laugh. "How's your nose?" "Okay no- crap!" "What?" "It's four, I've got to hit the road" the thought of Joe leaving made me sad. "Don't be sad beautiful, it's only 3 weeks!" Joe pulled me into a tight hug "These have been the best days of my life Joe, I don't want this to end!" I started crying "It's not ending Kat, this is just the beginning!" I smiled "You're so cheesy Joe!" I kissed him and then I grabbed my camera. I took a photo of Joe and I in the full length mirror, then he grabbed his bags and put them in his boot. He then hugged me close to him, he kissed the top of my head and said "3 weeks, that's it" "I'll miss you" "I'll miss you too Kat but I'll call and skype and text! I promise the next 3 weeks ill go by quick" he pulled me into a passionate kiss and he picked me up and spun me around. We kissed loads of times before Joe got in his car, he rolled down the window "Love you Katie!" "Love you too Joesph!" he started the car "3 weeks" I smiled and repeated "3 weeks" I kissed him once more "Bye" "Bye Joe" I stood away from the car and waved him goodbye. He was gone.

I went back inside and saw it was 4:13pm. I quickly sorted my make up and grabbed my bag. I started walking to Starbucks, I was nervous about this 'meeting' with T. I wanted to know why he was doing this, Joe had only been nice to me and we only fought a couple times. What was so bad about Joe? I arrived at Starbucks and I walked in and ordered myself a tea. It was only 4:26 so I was early. I grabbed a seat so I could still see the door. Ericka hadn't text back and that was unlike her. Then someone sat across from me, he was familiar. Tom. "What do you want?" Tom smiled, it made me sick "I told you I'd meet you here" He was T? Why didn't I realize this? I was so stupid. "Look, Jo-" "Now I have some photos I must show you involving your 'boyfriend' and I can see you do not know of these" I just wanted to slap him, but I had to stay calm "Whatever your going to show me isn't Joe" "Really?" he turned his phone around so that I was looking at the screen. It was Joe kissing another girl. I was speechless, I turned away from the phone. "That was taken while you were in hospital, he didn't tell you did he?" I felt tears forming in my eyes. "He doesn't love you Kat!" "Don't call me that!" I shouted then got up and left. It was now raining and I only had a t-shirt and hoodie with some jeans on. I started running in the direction of my house. I had only been running for like 5 minutes but I had to stop. I couldn't breathe and I was crying uncontrollably. I took out my phone and called Ericka, after a couple rings she answered "Hey Kate! Kate? Kate what's wrong?" "I-I can't bre-ethe!" "Where are you?" "Ne-ear my hou-se" "Okay I'll be there in 2 minutes! Kate just breathe!"

Ericka only lived a couple blocks away so she wouldn't be long. That still didn't calm me down, I couldn't control my breathing and my eye sight started going black. I was sitting on the ground hugging my legs into my chest and I was sobbing in between big breaths. "KATE!"