counting sheep ✿

Start from the beginning

"(Y/N)! G-give me a warning first!"

"What? It's nothing you haven't seen before, silly." You snickered at your boyfriend's reaction, but grabbed the pile of clothes and finished changing in the bathroom. Kurapika let out a sigh, and flopped back onto his bed. You returned to the room a couple minutes later, after putting your hair up, and washing your face. Kurapika blushed as he looked at you. It didn't matter what you were wearing, or how you looked, Kurapika was always stunned when he saw you. You gave a him a soft smile and climbed into bed next to him. He covered you with the blanket and wrapped his arms around your torso, pulling you into his body. You nestled your head into his chest, and his chin found its place on the top of your head. You began to plant sweet kisses on his collarbone, and you felt one of his hands come up to run through your hair, pulling out the tie. Your (h/l) (h/c) locks tumbled onto the pillow and Kurapika combed through them gently. You placed your hands on his strong chest, and pulled back to look at him. Your boyfriend smiled down at you, his grey eyes held nothing but love and adoration for you, and yours mirrored his. 

"I love you Pika." You curled up in his arms, breathing in his scent. He lifted your chin and placed a gentle kiss on your forehead. 

"I love you too, (Y/N)."

☆☆☆

Your eyes snapped open as you woke with a jolt. You struggled to remember where you were, and tensed up. You immediately relaxed when the beams of light cast its glare on the sleeping face beside you. You gently pushed out of Kurapika's arms, and glanced at your phone. 

2:47am

You sighed, and ran a hand through your hair. Quietly padding out of the room, you went to the kitchen, and poured a glass of water. Leaning against the counter, you sipped it leisurely while staring at the beautiful landscape from your boyfriends window. Finishing the water, you slipped back into the room. You froze as you were getting back into bed, as soft whimpers filled the room. 

"Pika ?" You whispered almost inaudibly. Your eyes were beginning to adjust as you looked at the blonde's silhouette. He was facing away from you, and you watched his diaphram move as his breaths became labored. The whimpers grew louder, and you watched his form begin to shake and twitch. You ran around to his side of the bed, and crouched down next to him. You watched his eyebrows furrow, his face contorting into a worried expression. Mumbles slipped past his lips, but you couldn't make out any words. 

"Pika ?" You gently called out again, reaching your hand out. His small whimpers turned into heaving breaths, and the small twitches grew into jolts. You were frozen, until you noticed the tears leaking from his eyes. 

"Kurapika !" He shot up with a gasp, his eyes wide in fear. You placed a hand on his knee, and gently rubbed random shapes with your thumb. "Hey, it's okay. You were having a nightmare." He turned to look at you, still heaving heavy breaths, the tears never halting. He clutched the blankets in his fists, his knuckles turning white. You continued to murmur reassurances and soothing words, as you watched him calm down enough to stop shaking. He suddenly pulled you into a tight embrace, burying his face in the crook of your neck. You hugged back immediately, rocking gently side to side. He gripped onto you even tighter, his tears staining your shirt. He began to speak, but all you could hear were incoherent garbles. "Shhh. It's okay love, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." You continued to soothe the young man until he had noticeably calmed. You gently pulled away from his tight embrace, and cupped his tear-stained cheeks. "What happened, Pika ?" He grasped your wrists, and opened his mouth, but no sound came out. "It's okay. Take your time. I'm here for you." Your thumbs stroked his cheeks, and you felt him relax under your touch. 

"T-the spiders..." He finally managed to choke out. "They... they killed you right in front of me, a-a-and I couldn't move, I could only wa-watch." Your heart dropped as more tears began to spill down his cheeks. "They took everyone f-from me. Everyone I ever loved... They're all gone.." You watched him crumble as sobs racked his body. Tears of your own were streaming down your face, as he hugged you close to him. "Please... don't leave me..." He rasped into your hair. You rubbed circles on his back, hugging him just as tightly.

"I'm still here, Pika. I'll always be here." You murmured into his chest. You two stayed locked in each others embrace until you had both calmed down. As Kurapika pulled away, he cupped your face in his soft hands. 

"Thank you, (Y/N). You mean so much to me and I don't know what I would do without you." You smiled at him through glossy eyes. His gaze darted to your lips, and back to your eyes. He smiled sweetly and leaned in, planting the sweetest of kisses on your lips. You wrapped your arms around his neck, and returned the kiss. You pulled apart after a few moments, just looking at each other. "I love you, (Y/N). So much."

"I love you more, Pika."