Famous Katherine Prescott

Start from the beginning

Randy's face brightened considerably, "Deputy Dewey, Woodsboro's finest. What's he doing here?" He asked my twin playing it cool he obviously still likes her, but she immediately stood by her boyfriend's side.

I silently watched Dewey as he hobbled away.

"He's worried. Our surrogate big brother," Sidney laughed but seemed on edge about something; maybe it was because what she and Dewey we're talking about, or it could be the flocks of reported shrouded over the campus.

"Wow, nothing like a funeral bringing the family together." My ears perked up at the word funeral that must be the murders Dewey was talking about yesterday.

Just as Randy pulls his arm away from me, my sister's gaze drops on me like she didn't realize I was even there. "Kat..." she breathed, but I ignored her, turning my back towards her, I watched the small gathering of reports in disdain.

"Not a fan of reporters?" Mickey asks with a smile as he stands by my side, glancing down at the same flock of people I was.

"I'm not a fan of people who put out blatantly false reports and bring other people down to fuel their own egos," I say, glaring at them as I watch their microphone being shoved into the faces of students as they walked by.

"Plus, I don't have the best track records with reporters."

"Sidney, look, it's Gale Weathers," I heard Hallie gasp as I follow her pointed finger to see Gale down by the front steps of the main building talking into one of her cameras as she, like many of the others, tried to get some juicy news.

"Star of the Gale Weathers press conference. Author of the press conference starring Gale Weathers. Soon to be a major motion picture starring Gale Weathers," Randy recited with a grin as he almost buzzed excitedly.

"Fucking Gale," I muttered to myself, still feeling a lot of resentment, not due to what she said about our mother because, let's face it a lot of it was right, but it was from everything after the murders.

"Be kind, she saved our lives," My twin scolded as she stood by my side; I faced her with narrowed eyes. Who was she to tell me what to do and how to feel. She lost that privilege a long time ago.

"No, she saved your life. She's done nothing for me," I hissed at Sidney as she subtly flinched from my tone of voice; Sidney had nothing to worry about; she wasn't written about in a tell-all book.

I was the one who had a whole chapter dedicated to me and my mental health, my anger, and my being close friends to the murderers.

"Check the calf implants. I'm gonna get closer," Randy whistled, breaking through the tension; he seriously had some weird crushes.

"Hello, girls," A high-pitched voice called out as I tore my gaze away from the crowd below us to see a group of pretty preppy girls, Sidney and her friends I could handle, but these girls looked plastic.

I snorted to myself, remembering how I felt about Casey before we became friends, she was the bouncy preppy one, and I was the more laid-back sarcastic queen, but somehow I don't think this would end in the same type of friendship.

Hallie moved closer, smiling brightly at the girls. "Oh, hello sister Lois, sister Murphy" I faced her in shock, she sounded like a robot – was that normal?

"Hello, pledge. Hi Sidney, and you are?" Murphy, the blonde one asked, looking at me with a scary wide grin, but before I could open my mouth, Lois had beaten me to it.

"Don't you know Murphy" She questioned her friend without even turning her head as she watched me with gleaming eyes "this is the famous Katherine Prescott," the other girls all seemed to whisper among themselves.