fifty | the list

"I thought you had to go?" Taya questioned, when she woke and realized Bellamy should've left by now. He was instead still in bed, prodded up and looking down at Taya.

"Once I leave we go back to before." He shook his head with a frown, twirling a random pattern into her collarbone.

"Bellamy, it doesn't have to be that way." Taya said softly, feeling bad that he thought that it was. "I don't want it to be like before either." She told him honestly.

He looked up with a hopeful look, a small smile ghosting his features.

"You do have to go though." She reminded him softly, touching one of his curls and wrapping it around her finger, playing with it. He sighed and nodded, hesitating slightly before leaning down and kissing her for a moment. He pulled away and moved out of bed, Taya watching him get redressed.

Once he was done he walked back over and Taya sat up, his hand pulling her jaw closer to once again kissing her goodbye.

"I'll be back soon." He promised, slipping out the door.

Taya laid back down and gathered the blanket back around her, her eyes going to the ceiling. For a second, her normal thoughts threatened to come racing back, now that Bellamy was gone. But she stopped herself and rolled over, falling back asleep.

•••

Taya walked out with a frown, scanning for Bellamy but only finding Clarke.

"Clarke." She greeted, standing beside her as they looked out at the gate. She nodded back.

"What's with the 'we're all gonna die' face?" Monty asked, walking over to the two. Clarke gave him a look, his slight joke not really landing. "I mean—."

"I know what you mean. Bellamy should be back by now." Clarke shook her head and Taya's frown deepened, that being her same concern too.

Clarke turned away from the gate and Taya just decided to follow, as did Monty.

"Hunting parties go radio-silent. It's nothing new. What else?" Monty pressed her, but Taya really couldn't help but worry.

"I just feel useless" Clarke said. "I'm stuck here in case anyone needs a cut bandaged, supervising the backup plan when I should be going to the island to make nightblood." Clarke complained, but Taya had no sympathy considering Clarke was basically trying to do the same thing to her, just for being pregnant.

"Clarke, you're not a geneticist." Monty reminded her.

"Neither is my mom." Clarke told him.

"Yeah. Well, they have Raven. Genetic code, computer code. They'll figure it out." Monty said.

"Monty, I'm serious." Clarke scolded him, stopping.

"So am I." Monty told her. "If Jaha's right and Becca created  nightblood there, they'll find her records, and all they have to do is reverse-engineer it from Luna. Everyone lives."

"If they can get it done before the radiation gets here." Clarke sighed.

"I guess we better finish the ship." Monty agreed.