Chapter 6- Bad Boy Surprises

Start from the beginning

Yeah, I don't think so. Maybe this stuff is better off in my head.

"Are we going to join the rest of your family or are you going to keep checking me out all night." Brody smirks.

I look around the room and realized we are alone and blush. Oh crap I need to do some damage control here.

I smile back at him sweetly. "Sorry I couldn't tell if you were really Brody or not. Thought you might have kidnapped him. But alas you talked and erased all doubt."

His smirk turned into a full on smile at my words. "Yeah, they made me do it. Don't make fun."

"It's actually not bad."

Oh no. Please tell me those words did not just come from my mouth.

Amusement is clear on his face by this point. "Did miss perfect Farrah Bryant just pay me a compliment?"

And just like that the smirk is back. I knew that smile would never last.

"Yes even I am capable of such niceness. Maybe you should take some notes." I smirk back.

Two can play at this game.

"I don't do nice." He chuckles. "Now let's get this night over with. I've got to be somewhere in an hour."

Wait he's leaving. That hardly seems fair. I have to stay here and suffer through this whole thing but he just gets to leave when he wants?

"Leave? Where to?"

"Why do you care?" He asks.

"Maybe I want to leave to."

He looks like he's thinking it over before he speaks. "Ok. One hour."

He suddenly turns and walks in the direction to the dining room.

"Wait you didn't tell me where we were going." I reminded.

Without even stopping he says "You ask too many questions" and then he's gone.

I scowl at the empty door way he went through. Why does he always have to be so...so....Brody. For once I wish he would just give me a straight answer and stop being so cryptic and secretive.

You would think he were Clark Kent or something? I almost laugh at that thought. Yeah right, Brody Bauer saving the world from crime? That will be the day.

Just then he pokes his head back through the door. "Bryant, you coming?"

"Yeah." I smile still thinking about Brody breaking out in a Superman costume and follow him to the other room.