Chapter 11

Ben's Point of View

We all get off our bikes and slowly walk through the gate. I have to get Emily. I lo...I can't leave her down in that asshole's basement.

"G-guys. S-spikes." Bill says, putting his backpack on the ground.

Bev walks around me to grab hers while I just grab mine from my own backpack. I glance up to see Eddie throw his fanny pack across the yard.

"Wow, Eddie. Really?" I ask, softly.

"They're all bullshit." He says. "I don't need them to find our best friend."

I smile at him before I hear glass breaking. We all glanced toward the house, hoping it wasn't him already. Richie looks at all of us, a broken beer bottle in his hand. He just shrugs and tosses it to the side.

"I thought I could use it to save my sister

"I thought I could use it to save my sister." He shrugs again.

We all are now armed with spikes while Mike brought his Sheep Gun. 'Emily needs protection. It was the only gun I was allowed around.' He had told us. Bill leads the way into the house. I step over the broken wood covered door before walking further. Last time I was in this house, the love of my life got hurt.

I will never let that happen again. I pause to turn around not seeing Stanley. He stands on the porch, staring at us.

"Stan?" I call his name.

Everyone turns around.

"Stan, we all have to go. B-Bev was right. If we split up like last time, that clown will k-k-kill us...one by one. Em-Emily's protected us for years. We have to be the ones to protect her this time." Bill says. "And if we stick together...all of us...we'll win. I-I p-p-promise."

Stan looks down and follows us into the house. I shine my flashlight into the rooms around us, to make sure nothing is coming toward us. We follow Bill to the basement to see a well. That's why in all my research it kept talking about the Well-House.

"Hey Eddie, you got a quarter?" Richie looks at him.

"I would not want to make a wish in that fucking thing." Eddie says, walking near it.

We all look over the edge to see...nothing. It's completely black. It must be long. Miles at least.

"Emily!" I call down.

Not even an echo calls back.

"How are we supposed to get down there?" Mike asks, glancing at us.

We turn around and the first thing I see is a rope. I run over and grab it. Mike helps me put knots in it and hang it from a metal pipe. He pulls on it to make sure it's secure before Bill makes his way down. One by one, we climbed down the rope. I go after Bev, falling into the guys, not realizing there's a hole in the side of the well.