Chapter 9

*Pennywise and Pennywise gifs below

I squeeze Bill's hand tight as Bill and I turn back around. We take a few steps up the porch.

"Wait!" We all turn toward Stan. "Shouldn't we leave a look out outside?" He pauses. "Just in case something bad happens?" He looks around at everyone.

"W-who wants to stay out here?" Bill asks.

Everyone but Bev and I raise their hands. Ben looks at me before lowering his hand slowly. Richie looks at everyone.

"Fuck." He mutters.

I came up with the idea that we all pick grass. The shortest two will go inside the building with Bill and I. Everyone picks and the two shortest ones were Eddie and Richie. Eddie sighs and offers to be my crutch since he has the fanny back. Ben walks to me and takes my hand.

"I'll go-" He starts.

"No. You stay out here. Keep them safe, okay?" I whisper.

"But..." He tries.

"No. Keep them safe out here. I got us in there." I whisper, cupping his cheek slightly.

He sighs and nods. "Be safe."

"Always." I smile before winking at him.

I limp toward Eddie and he helps me back up the stairs. Bill pushes open the door. It's dark inside with cobwebs everywhere. Dust litters the floor in layers.

I lean against Eddie as we slowly walk inside.

"I can't believe that I picked a short stick. You guys are lucky that we weren't measuring dicks." Richie complains.

"Then I'd have the longest." I glare over at him.

"Shut up, Richie." Eddie says, helping me in. "I can smell it."

"Don't breathe through your mouth." Richie says, looking around.

"Why not?" Eddie glances at him.

"Because then you're eating it." Richie says, as if it's obvious.

Eddie quickly pulls out his inhaler and takes a couple puffs. We all continue to look around. Too scared to go any further than the entrance way. Richie walks toward the living room area. We all look as he grabs a piece of paper out of the tree that was sticking in through the broken window. Richie turns to us with wide eyes.

"W-What?" Bill questions.

"It says I'm missing." He answers.

We walk toward him and look at the paper.

"You're not missing, Richie." I say. "You're right here."

"Dept. of Police, city of Derry." He yells. "It's my t-shirt. It's my hair. It's my face."