Chapter 4

Chomp pulled me aside before we got into Penny.

"I'll do everything I can to make sure we get out OK." He says, and then he rests his head on mine.

"We'll be fine," I say and then I hug him and we climb into Penny after the other plants.

Crazy Dave starts up the car, and we fly away. I see Pea sitting in the back with Alien Flower and they're looking over a map. I want to go over there and see what they're looking at but I don't want to intrude.

I see Chomp looking at me from his seat but then he quickly looks away and I blush a little.

"You guys might want to get to know each other," Dave laughs. "It's going to be a long ride and you'll be spending a lot of time with each other. "

He was right, but that means I'll have to get close to more people,  and when you get close you care more for them.

"Hi," The Camo Cactus nods at Chomp and I.

"Hey," I answer. "I'm Sunflower and this is Chomp."

Chomp nods his head.

"It's Nice to meet you, and this is my sister Citrus Cactus. " She points to her sister, who smiles meekly and turns to look out the window.  "She's shy, but she'll open up when you get to know her."

I smile and then get introduced to Count Chompula and Toxic Pea.

Count Chompula was more quiet, he talked but he had a monotone voice and An indifferent personality.

Toxic Pea was goofier,  making dumb jokes that still brought a goofy grin to my Face. His jokes were so bad, and his confidence just selled it anyway that you couldn't help to grin.  I would even catch Count Chompula smirking at the jokes.

"The furniture store keeps calling," Toxic Pea starts heaving uncontrollably, he didn't finish the joke but we were all laughing anyway.  "But I told them I just wanted one night stand."

We all kept laughing, it took me a while to get the joke but when I realized what it said I smiled.

"Stop laughing," Pea emerges from the back with Alien Flower behind him, and then he sets the map on the floor in front of us.

"The Plant Facility is underground," Alien Flower jeers. "We know the zombies found the hideout but we don't know if they know that we're underground, so we have to keep them at bay."

"That'll be easy!" Toxic Pea laughs.

"Easy for you to say," Camo Cactus retorts.

"What's the plan,then?" Chomp asks.

"I'm going to set out positions," Pea states.

Penny jumps and every plant in the car jerks to the side.

"We're here," Crazy Dave laughs nervously.

Penny lowers to the desert floor in the middle of a canyon  and the doors slide open and we all jump out.

"You know the drill plants!" Dave says. "Fend off the zombies and I'll be back." Then he drives off, and the eight of us walk along uneven ground, with patches of grass here and there, with a shallow stream of water in the back. All eight if us go to the stream and sink our roots in the water. I feel rejuvenated as I drink up the water.

"Ok guys," Pea begins. "Here's the plan, I want both Cactuses in the back of the area on top of the highest rocks you can climb. I want you to scope out the area and send a Garlic drone back to tell me how many zombies there are. Then I want the Chompers surrounding the garden underground and eat up any zombies III e that makes it there. Toxic Pea and I are going to go and shoot zombies,.but we'll need a Sunflower with us, just like the Chompers will need their Sunflower. "

I already knew I was going to stay with Chomp,  and seeing this Alien Flower nods her head and volunteers to go with both Peashooters.

"I'll leave a heal Flower in the back with the Cactus." Alien Flower nods, and it's settled. We all know our expectations and what we must do.

So until then, we stand around the base talking time each other.

I stay by the stream, while Chomp jokes around with Toxic Pea and Count Chompula, then Alien Flower joins me by the stream.

"Can you smell it?" She asks.

I take a whiff of the air,.and there was the faint smell of something burning.

I nod.

"It's exhaust," She says. "Fuel from one if their ships. They're here, but they're far away. "

"Should we warn Pea?" I suggest.

But Alien Flower shakes her head casually and soaks her roots in the stream.

"There's a trick I learned," Alien Flower says. "From one of my elder Sunflowers, she was a Mystic Flower, dead now, but she was extraordinary.  You know what she taught me?"

I shake my head, and Alien Flower gets up and beckons me to follow.

We walk up to a tiny patch of grass and she tells me to stand on it.

I do.

"We can communicate with the grass, and use them to scout out areas."

"That's amazing!" I gasp. "How do you do it?"

"You have to root yourself," She says. "Then you can see everything that the grass sees from here to pretty much anywhere. "

I root myself in the patch and my mind is traveling underground and popping up in other patches of grass and I keep going until I see a spaceship that crashed into a canyon miles away from us. The door was shut and I hear banging on them. So the zombies must be stuck in there but I don't know how long.

Then I resurface and Alien Flower nods at me.

"Cool right?"

"Amazing," I smile.

"yYou can use it whenever you get lost," Alien Flower says. Then we walk back to the group.

Pea was ready to get into positions.

Alien Flower and I plant two heal flowers and then we had them to both the Cactus. "We'll stay at that mountain over there, " Camo says, then she and her sister walk off together after saying goodbye.

"You know what to do," Pea nods his head at me and both Chompers.

"I'll see you later Sunny," Toxic Pea laughs, and then he hypers away after Pea.

Alien Flower waves goodbye to the three of us and she stalks after the two Peashooters, and I get a glimpse of Toxic Pea flying through the air, landing and flying again.

Then I'm left alone with both Chompers, so I decide to plant a few heal flowers around for Chomps sake.

An: Hope you guys had a Great holiday and enjoyed the chapter. (I was making ramen noodles while writing this) I also think pvz gw needs a new dlc soon maybe the theme could be food or something.  I had An idea of a Pizza Flower for a new Sunflower variant Where she has pizza for petals and shoots pizza sauce at enemies that either Burns them or acts as goop. Just An idea I had while eating pizza. Anyway hope you enjoyed the chapter!