Chapter 18

When I woke up, I was laying down on the bed. With potted plants beside me, and Rose looking down on me.
Everything was blurry at first but it all started to focus together.
"She's up!" Rose called, and I heard a few of the other plants grunt their thanks as they rushed to my side.
"What happened?" I asked, as I rubbed my head.
"Ohh you just.. fell off of the tree house." Rose exclaimed, a little too enthusiastically.
"About that." Pea murmured as he stepped forward, and he held up a mirror to my face. I was doll like, and I was missing my right eye that was now replaced with a caramel colored button, and I had pink and baby blue patches on my stem and on my leaf legs. Some of my petals were also stitched onto my head.
My mouth gaped, as I looked around at everyone.
Kernel Corn, Pea, Chomp (sitting in the back with his head down, which made my heart drop a little) Rose, and Citron.
But there was no Citrus Cactus in sight.
"Where is she?" My voice was raspy, and that's really all I cared about as I attempted to get up from the bed. But Rose pushed me back down.
"She's alright." Citron told me. "But her wounds were more fatal, so we had to tend to her more than you."
"He ran out of parts." Rose added, and she was playing with her lip.
"Look, it's not like I'm going to carry all these mechanical parts with me from the future." Citron rolled his head. "Anyway, I had some leftover parts, and since Citrus' head was almost falling off I decided to use them to create a new her. A Future Cactus!"
"And you were left with the stuffy remnants." Rose added. "A doll-flower or stuffy sun flower if you will."
I still sat there, gaping at the thought of what happened. But as long as Citrus.. or Future cactus was alright then I guess I would be too, and if she needed the help more than me I'm ok with that.
"Just rest up." Pea told me. "So your body can adjust, we don't want you walking around and tearing the stitches."
"Anyway," Citron started. "I'm going to work on Future's face now."
Then he rolled off into another room, as Rose was exiting with Pea and Kernel Corn, and I was completely left alone with Chomp.
He was making his way towards me, what was I going to do?