"What treats exactly?" Her mother asked unsurely, her eyebrows furrowing. Clover wanted to rip her hair out piece by piece. The girl had informed her mother about all these details hundreds of times beforehand but she never seemed to grasp the gist.

"The treats labelled 'owl treats' under the sink." Clover replied after a few seconds, "-and if they run out, just apologise to Herold, he may peck at you in revenge but eventually he'll understand."

The two found themselves slipping into a very uncomfortable silence. This wasn't an unusual occurrence for them but the awkwardness never failed to make the girl cringe. It wasn't that she was uncomfortable around her mother, it's just that they truly had nothing in common. Her mother didn't understand that the world Clover knew and loved was so much more exciting than the world Louise Carstairs resided in.

"Is Winnie in the garden?" Clover spoke up, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear as she broke the silence.

"I think so, yeah."

"I'm going to go find her and say goodbye before I forget."

With that, Clover left her mother lingering as the girl wandered out of her childhood home and out onto the vast land surrounding the house. She found herself on track towards the giant oak tree located off to the right of the home, a place where Clover and her sister regularly retreated to for peace. The two sisters were close, often finding themselves being extremely comfortable being around one another. There may have been a two year age gap between them but that never seemed to be a big problem for the two. The girl made her way up the small path as the figure of the tree grew closer and closer. She finally stopped meters away from the tree, before looking up into the branches, spotting her sister amongst the leaves, with a book clasped in her hand.

"You going to come down or do I have to come up?" Clover questioned teasingly, causing the younger girl in the tree to look down at her suddenly.

"Well, I'm comfortable up here so..."

"Alright, looks like I'm coming up then."

Clover pushed her sleeves up beyond her elbows before hoisting herself up the tree, climbing it until she was level with her sister. The girl sat back against the large branch, propping her feet up as Winnie placed her book face down on her lap.

"I'm leaving soon." Clover blurted out, as she fiddled with her fingers anxiously. "I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye."

"Oh..."

"-But I'll be back at Christmas, right? And we can go sledging and make mum wear the ugly jumper we got her last year?" Winnie nodded silently, her eyes gravitating towards her sister's, for the sake of making the older girl look less worried, the girl plastered a smirk across her face.

"As long as you bring home some of those wizard sweets you're always on about, I'll be happy." The younger girl started, "...And maybe, also a wizarding book?"

"Absolutely." Clover replied as she felt a small smile creep its way across her face. It was a small tradition of theirs, that every time Clover returned for the holidays, she would come bearing at least one book from the wizarding world to gift to her sister. The older girl didn't mind doing this at all if it meant that the relationship between the sisters stayed steady.

Clover remembered how gutted the younger girl was when she turned eleven and a letter from Hogwarts or a professor in extravagant robes failed turned up. She remembered Winnie refusing to sleep that night just in case the letter got lost or they'd gotten the wrong house. Clover remembered watching her little sister's heartbreak as her parents told her that the probability of her getting a letter as her sister had, was low. It was a look of utter disappointment and despair that Clover never wanted to see on her sister again.