When he reaches the door, he doesn't put me down, and instead he smiles that heartbreaking smile of his. His eyes fidget between my own eyes and my lips - almost as though he can't decide where to look. The way he makes me feel is absolutely indescribable. He makes me feel wanted, and needed and... simply delicious.

"You can put me down now," I lightly remark, my voice sounding quite fluttery, surprising even myself.

"But I don't want to," he quips in response, an unmistakable twinkle marked in his eyes.

Almost immediately, we both lean our faces closer to one another, until our lips meet right in the middle, satiating each others' needs. My hand move upwards until it's grasping at his hair, the other finding solace on his other cheek as he slowly lets me slide to the ground, my back leant up against the impressive oak door.

"I thought you weren't going to put me down," I tease, enjoying toying with him.

"Well I figured you might not be thrilled to have me love to you right here on the doorstep, but I myself am quite tempted..." he advises, his voice husky with desire.

Fuck.

Opening up, we burst through the doors of the beautiful chateau, and instantaneously we're removing each other's clothing while leaving desperate kisses all over one another. Our mouths are hot and needing, and messily falling upon our each others' neck, shoulders, chest, and face, in a frenzied attempt to almost inhale the other. Nothing is ever enough with the two of us. I can only speak for myself, but once I have a little of him, I need him all in his entirety. I know he feels the same way.

Hoisting me over his shoulder, I squeal in surprise as he carries me through the house, while my arms flail around half heartedly in a playfully aggressive manner, one part of me trying to make him put me down, while the other is secretly loving it.

"Which of the rooms was it that you liked the most?" he checks with me, pausing in the foyer.

"The Marie Antoinette room," I answer, my voice sounding quite strained as I hang upside down over his shoulder, my torso dangling over his back.

Pausing in thought, he makes a split decision to go upstairs in search of this room, all the while still carrying me, as if I were weightless. He turns left down the west wing of the house, before I pound on his back.

"Right, it's right. I remember we had to turn right at the painting of the naked lady," I remind him, the painting itself bringing back memories of our first stay.

Turning around, he enters the room confidently, and surely enough, it's the room. Styled impeccably in hues of pale pink, adorned with glorious floral wallpaper, I'm trapped in a dream in which I don't wish to wake up from.

Laying me on the bed, I see stars for a moment or so from being manhandled in a pleasantly surprising way. Standing above me, Harry comes into focus as he looks upon me with such admiration and grateful disbelief.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask him, sitting up as I grab part of his shirt, pulling him down on the bed with me.

"How foolish I was to ever think I could be without you," he answers honestly, as he lays on his side, using his elbow to prop himself up.

Saying nothing, I allow him to continue speaking uninterrupted.

"I was a fool to ever believe I could live my life knowing that you were out there, just out of my reach. I can't bear a second more without you, Ivory. I don't want to learn to sleep without you again. It was absolutely excruciating to know that you were hurting, but I felt so helpless. I felt I had a duty... that I had to raise... that I had to raise..."