"Yeah." Carlisle said. "I'll won't be long. I promise." He stood up and walked out of the restaurant.

"Thank you." Brianna typed to her father.

"For what?" Scott asked.

"For inviting Carlisle to join us for lunch." Brianna typed. "I know you're still uncomfortable with me being with him and I appreciate you trying to make an effort."

"You're welcome, sweetheart." Scott said.

Just then, Carlisle rejoined them. "Sorry about that." He said.

"It's fine." Scott said.

When they finished lunch, they all walked outside. "Well, thank you for inviting to lunch, Mr. Peters." Carlisle said.

"Of course." Scott said. "And call me Scott."

Carlisle nodded. "I'll see you later." He said to Brianna, kissing her.

"See ya." Brianna typed. They got into their cars.

"We can stop by the store and pick up food and drinks for the party." Scott said. "And I ordered a cake for you."

"Just letting you know, we don't need to get too much food. The Cullens don't eat a lot." Brianna typed.

"Ok." Scott said.

Later that evening, the party had started and people were arriving. Other than the Cullens, Scott had invited Charlie and Bella and some his co-workers from the station.

All of a sudden, Brianna was ambushed by Alice and Rosalie. "Hey Bri!" They said.

Brianna smiled at them. "Hey guys. Thanks for coming." She typed.

"Of course." The two girls said. Brianna saw Carlisle approaching.

"We'll leave you two alone." Rosalie said as she and Alice walked away.

"Hello again, love." Carlisle greeted her.

"Hi." Brianna typed. "I missed you."

"We just saw each other this afternoon." Carlisle said.

"Still." Brianna typed.

"Well, I missed you too." Carlisle said.

"Can I ask you something?" Brianna typed.

"Sure." Carlisle said. They went somewhere quieter.

"Where did you go today during lunch?" Brianna typed. "Because I don't believe that you needed to make a phone call."

"It's nothing." Carlisle said.

"Can I ask you something else?" Brianna typed.

"Ok." Carlisle said.

"What do you do when eat human food?" Brianna typed.

"It's nothing you need to worry about." Carlisle said.

"Is that where you went to?" Brianna typed. Carlisle nodded. "Please, tell me." Brianna typed.

"Trust me, it's not something I want you know about or see." Carlisle said. "Come on. Let's get back to the party." Brianna nodded and followed him.

After the party ended, Brianna and Scott were sitting on the couch. "Thank you for the party." Brianna typed.

"You're welcome." Scott said. "Can I ask you something that's been bothering me?" Brianna nodded. "How did you and Carlisle end up together?" Scott asked.

"It's a little complicated." Brianna typed. "I was spending a lot of time at the Cullen's place and he was really sweet and nice to me with showing me around town. And it just happened."

"I'm really trying, Bri." Scott said. "I mean, you were never really into boys before and now you're with an older guy."

"I know. I really do appreciate the effort you're trying to make." Brianna typed. "I really like him."

"I know. I just want you to be happy." Scott said.

"I am." Brianna typed.

"I'm glad." Scott said. "I love you."

"I love you too." Brianna typed. "I'm going to head up to bed."

"Good night, sweetheart." Scott said.

"Good night." Brianna typed. She walked up to her room. Carlisle was standing by the open window. Brianna looked up and saw him. "Did you hear what my Dad said?" Brianna typed.

"Not if you didn't want me to." Carlisle said.

"I'm sorry." Brianna typed.

"Don't be." Carlisle said. "I understand."

Brianna went into the bathroom to change and came back into her room. She got into her bed and fell asleep in Carlisle's arms.