Chapter 6

A couple days later, Brianna woke to her alarm going off. She turned it off and got out of bed. She grabbed a towel from the hall closet and walked into the bathroom. She started the shower and undressed. When the water was warm enough, she stepped into the shower. She let the water wake her up. When she finished, she turned the water off and got out of the shower. She dried herself, blow dried her hair, and wrapped a towel around herself. She went back into her room. She picked out an outfit and changed into it. She braided her hair and put a little makeup on. Once she finished getting ready, Brianna grabbed her backpack and headed downstairs. Her dad was sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Good morning, Brianna." He greeted her. Brianna waved to her father. She made herself a bagel with cream cheese, poured herself some coffee, and sat at the table. "How are you this morning?" Scott asked.

"I'm good." Brianna typed as she started to eat.

"Bella's taking you to school today, right?" Scott asked.

"Yeah." Brianna typed.

"Ok." Scott said. "I'll be home a little late tonight. Charlie and I need to go to Mason County for a case."

"What happened in Mason County?" Brianna asked.

"A security guard was attacked by an animal." Scott answered.

"Oh wow." Brianna typed.

Scott nodded as he stood up and put his plate in the sink. "I'm heading to work. I'll see you later."

"Bye Dad." Brianna typed.

"By Bri." Scott said, kissing her on the forehead. "Have a good day at school." Brianna nodded, watching her father head out the door.

As she ate, Bella texted her saying that she was waiting outside. Brianna replied back that she would be out in a minute. She threw her plate in the trash, picked up her bag and headed outside. She locked the door before going over to Bella's truck and getting in. "Hey Brianna." Bella greeted her. Brianna waved to her. Bella pulled out of the driveway and drove to school. "How are you?" Bella asked. Brianna gave her a thumbs up to tell her that she was good. The rest of the drive was quiet.

When they got to the school, Bella parked the truck and they got out. They noticed the Cullens across the parking lot. Before they headed into the school, Bella was looking at her tires. All of a sudden, they heard tires screeching. Brianna looked up to see Tyler's van speeding towards her and Bella. Brianna knew the car was coming too fast for them to get out of the way in time. Just then, she saw Edward appear out of nowhere and pushed the van away with his hand. Brianna looked at him in shock. Then, she was pushed out of the way. She hit her head on Bella's truck and then the concrete.

"Are you ok, Brianna?" She heard Alice ask. Brianna nodded. Although, she was little dizzy. She tried to sit up, but something was preventing her from doing so. "Don't try to get up." Alice said. Brianna nodded, again. She ended up passing out, but before she did, she heard an ambulance in the distance.

When Brianna woke up, she was in a bright room and heard beeping. She concluded that she was in a hospital. She saw her father sitting in the chair on the right side of her bed. He noticed that she was awake. "Brianna." Scott said. "Hey." Brianna smiled at her father. She noticed someone else in the room. It was Carlisle. He was standing on the other side of the bed.

"Do you remember what happened?" He asked. Brianna nodded. He started to examine her. When he pressed on the top of her head, she winced in pain, which he noticed. "How do you feel?" Carlisle asked. Brianna looked around, but didn't see anything to write with.

"Here." Scott said, setting her tablet in front of her.

"Okay." Brianna wrote. "My head is throbbing, though."