Chapter 14

A few hours went by. They had been driving through the night and were headed to Phoenix. Jasper pulled up to a hotel. "We'll stay here for a little bit." He said, parking in a spot. They all got out and walked into the hotel. Jasper paid for a room and they walked up to it. Brianna went into the bathroom to change her clothes. A little bit later, they were all sitting around. Just then, they heard Alice gasp. "What is it, Alice?" Jasper asked. "What do you see?"

"The tracker." Alice said. "He changed course."

"Where is he going?" Jasper asked as he gave her a pencil and paper.

"A room full of mirrors." Alice said as she drew on the paper.

"Edward said the visions weren't always certain." Bella said.

"She sees the course people are on while they're on it." Jasper explained. "The vision changes as the course changes."

"So, the tracker is going to a ballet studio?" Bella asked.

"You know this place?" Alice asked, looking up.

"I used to take lessons when we were kids." Bella said.

"Was it here in Phoenix?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah." Bella said.

A little bit later, they were getting ready to leave. Alice and Jasper were in the lobby checking out while Bella and Brianna were packing their bags, when Bella got a phone call.  It sounded like she was talking to her mom, until Bella started panicking. Brianna waited until Bella got off the phone. "Bella, what's going on?" Brianna asked.

"James has my Mom at that ballet studio." Bella said. "I have to go save her."

"I'll go with you." Brianna typed.

"No. I don't want you getting hurt. And he told me to go alone." Bella said.

"I'm not going to let you go alone. And I don't think he'll object since he's after me too." Brianna typed.

"Ok." Bella said.

Brianna and Bella headed down to the lobby. They made sure that Alice and Jasper weren't looking, before they got in a cab. When they got to the ballet studio, Bella paid the driver and they ran inside. They heard talking and tried to figure out where it was coming from. They opened a closet and found an old video of the Bella and her mom. They heard laughing them behind them and turned around see James standing there.

"Aww, that's my favorite part. You were a stubborn child, weren't you." He said. "You really made it too easy." He picked up a video recorder and started filming Bella. "I hope you don't mind, I borrowed this from your house." He said.

Brianna was trying to think of something to distract him from Bella. The only thing she could think of was to use the pepper spray her dad gave her and Bella. She sprayed it in James's face and then started to run. James sped in front of her and crushed her leg, breaking it. Brianna screamed in pain. Bella went after James. He threw her into a mirror and then bit her. James went back over to Brianna. She tried to get up, but she couldn't. He threw her into a mirror. Glass shards cut her everywhere. He knelt beside her and bit her neck. Brianna screamed again. The pain was excruciating. She heard voices and saw Alice, Jasper, Edward, Carlisle, and Emmett in the room. She saw Alice, Carlisle and Edward go over to Bella. Then she saw Alice by her side.

"Carlisle!" Alice said. A moment later, Carlisle was next to them.

"Go Alice." Carlisle said. "I'll handle this." Alice went to go help Jasper and Emmett kill James. Carlisle started working on her leg.

Alice came over to them. "Is she ok?" She asked Carlisle.

"She has the same injuries as a Bella." Carlisle said. Brianna couldn't really feel the pain. All she could feel was her neck burning.

"Carlisle, look at her neck." Alice said. "James bit her too."

"Go help Emmett and Jasper." Carlisle said. "I'll handle this." Alice walked away

Carlisle sighed and looked down at Brianna. "It's going to be ok, Brianna." He said. "I promise." The last thing Brianna saw before she blacked out was Carlisle kneeling beside her and sucking the venom out of her.