Chapter Two

Andy's pov
It was later in the day, and I was in the beanery with the rest of the team. They were talking about Robert and they were really starting to annoy me. "So what do u guys think of Sullivan?" Vic asked. At that everyone groaned.
"He hates me and Jack," Dean says, "always has."
"I already don't like him and he's only been here a day," Maya muttered. I know that they didn't know that Robert was my husband, or even that I knew him at all, but they were really annoying me. It took everything in me not to start screaming at them. I knew I couldn't do that, because then they might find out about us.
"It's like he's always angry, and he's so strict!" Vic said. I rolled my eyes, knowing that was far from true. At home, he's the complete opposite, he's always smiling, and happy.
"Captain Fire Grinch," Dean commented, making the whole team laugh. I could feel myself getting madder by the second, until I couldn't take it any more.
"JUST SHUT UP!" I shouted, making them all turn and look at me. "He's only been here a day, you can't judge him by that. None of us know what he's been through, or what he's like out of work. And being captain is hard, I know that from personal experience, so cut him some god damn slack and shut the hell up!" Everyone stared at me, confused. Realising what I'd just done, I turned around and ran out of the room. I heard Maya shouting my name, but I just ignored her. I didn't know where to go. I needed my husband, more than ever, yet I couldn't go to him. Tears streaming down my face I ran out of the station. I just ran. I didn't know where I was heading, but I just kept running. I didn't stop until I knew I was far enough away from the station. Looking around me, I realised that I had no idea where I was. I must of run quite far though, because I knew that I was nowhere near the station. I'd really messed up. My team probably hates me now, I mean I would hate me to, I just screamed at them. They didn't know that Robert was my husband, to them he was just the new outsider captain. But I couldn't stand the way they were talking about him, because I knew that wasn't the real Robert. Walking, I found myself near the water. I sat down on a bench and cried. I thought I would be able to handle keeping my marriage a secret, I've done it for 4 years already, but it's so much harder now. As I was thinking I heard footsteps behind me. "Herrera?" someone said, clearly unsure on whether it was me or not. I didn't recognise their voice, so I turned around and saw Dr Grey behind me. "You ok?" she asked,
"Oh, um, hi Dr Grey," I murmured. I really didn't want to talk to anyone right now.
"What's wrong?" she asked, sitting down beside me.
"Nothing I'm fine thanks," I lied. I could tell by the look on her face that she knew I wasn't.
"I know you don't know me that well Andy, but you can talk to me," she said. I laughed.
"No I can't, I can't talk to anyone," I said.
"What do you mean?" she asked, confused.
"Because I have a secret, a huge secret, that only three other people know about, and it has to stay a secret, but it's so hard not to say anything," I laughed. Meredith but her hand on my shoulder.
"I have a fair share of secrets myself, so I stick with what I said, you can talk to me anytime and it'll stay between us," she said. For a second I thought about it. It wouldn't be so bad to tell her would it? I mean it's not like she works at the station or anything. No, I can't tell her, she knows Warren. But she might not tell him. Sighing, I replied, "You have to promise not to tell anyone." She nodded her head. "Long story short, I'm married to my new captain, I have been for four years, and only two other people know except us," I said, not wanting to tell her all the details. Laughing at her shocked face, I added, "Told ya, huge secret."
"Wow," she laughed, "see what you mean. So how come you were crying?" I sighed.
"The team hate him. They keep talking about him and saying horrible stuff about him and I can't take it anymore. And it's only been one day," I sighed, before continuing, "I shouted at them basically to shut the hell up and then ran out of the station. Pretty sure I'm gonna get in trouble with my captain and husband for that." We both laughed.
"Well I agree that must be pretty horrible," she said. "If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know." I smiled at her.
"Thank you," I said, " I guess it just really helped to tell someone about it." And I was telling the truth, it really did help to talk to Dr Grey, even if I didn't quite tell her everything. After saying goodbye, and thank you, I started walking back to the station, dreading what would happen when I got there. Looking at my phone I saw that I had a lot of messages and missed calls from everyone at the station, including my husband. I didn't want to talk to anyone else, so I decided to ring Robert. He picked up straight away.
"Andy r u ok? Where are you, I've been so worried about you?" he asked straight away, and I could hear the genuine concern in his voice. Suddenly I felt really bad for leaving without even texting him, for all he knew anything could of happened to me.
"I'm fine, I'm sorry I ran out like that earlier. I just couldn't take the others talking about you like that. I kinda shouted at them, but I didn't say anything about us, I'm so sorry Robert," I said, on the verge of tears.
"As long as you're okay, it's fine," he said gently. Like I said, my husband was nothing like what the team thought.
"I'm on my way back now, I was talking to Dr Grey from the hospital, she saw me by the ferry docks and came to see if I was ok," I explained.
"I'm glad you weren't on your own," he said, "I'll see you in a couple of minutes."
I replied, " I'll see you soon. You should probably shout at me or something, I did kind of run out in the middle of a shift."
"Hmm I guess I should to keep the strict new captain act, but I'm not actually mad, just glad you're okay," he said. I smiled, even though he couldn't see me, I knew he knew I was smiling.
"I'm nearly back, I'll see you in a minute," I said.
"Bye," Robert replied. "Oh and Andy? I love you."
"I love you too," I said, before hanging up the phone.