❦︎Caught Redhanded❦︎

The thick fog rose above the castle hills, wrapping around the crown like a fuzzy warm blanket, piled up as it buried the warm sun deep within it's amass layers, exuding coldness, it concealed the light and casted shadow upon the entire kingdom. Growing heavy, it gloomed as it urged to release the stored water from it's embrace. It won't be soon before it will start pouring onto the ground.

Yesterday, she had forgotten to bolt the dark door before she set out to the woods so Mesert must have walked in.

  Smug obscuried the light, making it difficult to see the exact expression on her friend's face, but she was sure that it was a confused one. She had no idea how to explain her walking out of closed walls. To make matters worse, her aunt wasn't here to help her situation. Silence fell in the small room as the one waited the other to start the inevitable conversation.

Andromeda knew that this was her burden to bear, but she had no idea her how she was going to make her understand about all this, without having the to tell her the truth.

Her mouth closed and opened several times like a fish out of water.

She didn't need this today.

First she was chased by a man for opening an ordinary looking door, then she fought with her aunt and now this.

She let out a heavy sigh. There is only so much a person could take in one day.

All she wanted to do was collapse on her bed instead she had to explain to her friend that she was the daughter of a king and she was training to kill a beast that was threatning to invade the nation at the day of her birthday.

Telling her friend that didn't sound appealing in the slightest.

  If she told her friend the truth, she would put her in danger, so he had to make up a lie.

   That was easier said that done.

   Her mind was blank.

  What could possibly explain her walking out of walls like a normal routine?

She took in a deep breath and tried to say something. " I-uh"

Meseret started taking, cutting her off." I believed Parallel Rooms were banned from the palace fifteen years ago."She supiciously gazed at Andromeda's peculiar armour and gears. " Who are you? Are you really a maid?"

  " No, I am not a maid." Andro bit her lip anxiously. " I.... I  am secret warrior who.....uh.... who is assigned to protect the princess."

Andro smiled proudly for making up a lie that fast.

Meseret gasped in shock, studying her from tip to toe, with wide eyes which took a while.

" You have to protect that.... that witch?" Meseret asked as Andro slowly nodded a smile tugging at corner of her mouth as she did.

" But..but. You are so....so" Andromeda raised her eyebrow at her with the look that says I-am-so-what? "Nevermind that."Meseret quickly dismissed with a wave of her small hands.

" Yes, I acted my part far too well  I suppose."

Mesert nodded. " That explains why you never get tired while working. I almost thought you had a power of a godesss or something of that sort."

Meseret laughed and so did Andro, but Andro's sounded like a strangled cat.

" But why would the princess need a protection? It appears she has a quite a lot of them."

" I never ask questions. I just do what I am ordered."

" That doesn't sound like something you would do,"Meseret snorted."  You don't have much regard for rules."