CHAPTER 4

Water

Going back, how did one do this again?

The fox has awoken from it's hibernation, groggy and dazed, looked around it's surroundings.

Stand up, walk around and find water. Water, mouth dry and aching, not speaking has its own consequences if done a long time.

Feels like a decade is another wasted, promises spoiled and goals forgotten. What should one do after hiding and crying?

Mix words until it tastes good, eat it and fill yourself up with lies and live your life with it. All we need is water to down it all.

Beside the fox a river gleaming with fresh blue water. Tempting to drink and refreshing to dive in. Into the deepest waters may it find the truth it doesn't have.

It's said that the river runs but what does it run from? If not, where does it want to lead to?

Give life? The fox thought, as wherever there was water there are greens, goods and grapes.

Grapes were absolute luxury rare and hard to reach. The fox must be thankful every time it gets a mouthful.

Having an intense hunger and thirst, foxes like it become unreasonable. Also having plenty luck and privilege, across the river is a true utopia.

You can call it Garden of Eden. Where no problem may bother the fox no more. Where no one will want to leave once a paw of theirs has stepped in.

Looking with beady eyes, the fox just stares and does not budge. Still suffering to the pain it caused itself it just stood there.

Mind screaming to move and swim across to stop the pain. It hurts but the fox liked it. Call it masochist it doesn't care all it wants is to stay.

Why must it move and escape it all? One action can change the life it despised but it still won't budge.

No privacy, invaded with complex voices not wanting to be untangeld from each other. Battling and battling though there were no battles to be fought. Who will stand to the top?

Hurting and broken not knowing how to feel, the fox closed it's eyes hoping none of this were real. Wanting it to be hallucination, a figment of imagination.

End it please, end it all now. After a long day of punishment a repetition of before, the fox slept it away singing to itself.

Pain, pain go away, I know you'll be here once I'm awake. Please let me be, I don't know what more to say. Pain...

Pleas that can not be heard as it has become into whimpers. Hugging itself as the rain fell on the leaves and grass turning gray with the wind whooshing taking it's colors away.

Along with the rain the fox's heart beats the same. Praying when the rain is gone it would beat the same.

-----------
A/N
I don't know what I did I just tried writing again.