Legends

Dawn

15 years later

Drip. Drip. Drip.

The water poured into the pool of water as the one above it over flowed. Sunlight stabs my eyes as I open them. I groaned, not really wanting to wake up. The coral that I sleep on is so warm and I'm so comfortable. Come on. Get up. I told myself. I got up and stretched and started cleaning myself. Once I felt like I was presentable I left my cave to do my favorite part of the day.

It wasn't really a cave though. It was more like the black pillar with the crystals in it had a dent in it and the tree coral covered the sides and the top. There was a little cup of coral that collected water that I could drink out of. But there was a big rock-like coral that was near the back that I slept on that was the best.

I flew over to Dusk's cave. Well, it wasn't a cave per se. It was just a big overhanging rock with a slab of boulder for him to sleep on. Like mine. I could see him sleeping peacefully. Not for long. I chucked.

I flew as close as I could without waking him and stalked him, making no sound. Once I was close enough, I pounced and hit him square on the back. "AAAAAAHHHHH!" Shrieked Dusk. I started laughing hysterically. Once he realized who it was he started to hit me and we wrestled for a while.

"I-i hate you. You know that?" He panted. "I know." I took in deep breaths. "The feeling is mutual."

Once we caught our breath's Dusk asked me a question. "What are you doing here? Other than waking me up rudely and scaring the yakdung out of me."

"Simple! I'll explain later. Follow me!" I jumped off the outcropping and started to fly to where Eclipse made his nest. "Dawn! That's not an answer!" He shouted after me but followed.

Eclipse didn't have any shelter or proper privacy. He just found a secluded area with a pool of water. I never could scare him awake. Every time I came to visit him in the morning, he was awake. I think it's because he was alway the curious one out of the three of us and never wanted to miss anything and think about whatever is on his mind.

We landed and as usual he was starting at nothing and thinking hard. But when he heard us land he looked up and came over to us. "Hi guys." He greeted. "What brings you guys here?"

"I don't know. I was sleeping peacefully until Dawn rudely woke me up and dragged me here. So ask her." Said Dusk while giving me a pointed look. "Well it's the only way to wake you and make sure you stay awake." I told him. He rolled his eyes.

"Anyway." I continued. "We should hang out today. Just the three of us. We never get to hang out anymore." I looked at them hopefully.

They looked at each other before responding. "Sure I'm not doing anything today. How about you Dusk?" He looked at the both of us before shrugging. "Sure. Why not?"

"Yes! Thank you guys! Now let's go get some food. I'm starving." I leaped in the air heading towards the feeding cavern with my brothers following me.

We passed by the Kings Eye. The giant crystal was shining it's bright light as if saying 'Don't come near me. This only for the King and Queen. No other'. It was only used for when Dad had to make an announcement and those don't happen anymore. No other dragons are allowed to use it.