007. red hair dye

CHAPTER SEVEN .*:・ ❝ RED HAIR DYE ❞

ೃ࿔*:・ ❝ RED HAIR DYE ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

   "pretty pretty please april?" james whines at the gryffindor table, sitting across his 'girlfriend'. james bats his eyelashes at the girl who is contemplating on pulling a prank with the marauders on the slytherins. when sirius black sees james batting his eyelashes rather obviously, he chuckles and says "come on labelle, it's one small prank. all we are doing is getting under james invisibility cloak-"

   "hold on, you have an invisibility cloak? bloody hell! that's awesome. i've always wanted to use one of those, i'm in! but only for the cloak and getting those slytherins to stop bugging me about my blood status." april interrupts sirius, rambling.

   "alright it's settled then, meet us downstairs in the common room at 10 sharp, and remus? you'll make the red hair dye?" james happily says while remus nods.

   later that night, you can find james, sirius, remus, peter and april walking to the slytherin common room underneath james' invisibility cloak.

     "i overheard a slytherin say the password was 'pureblood'" peter whispers from behind james, and as he says that, you can hear april sigh.

    "why is it so cold?" april mutters while rubbing her arms, and in result to this, james takes off his quidditch jumper and hands it to her, not thinking twice about  it. april smiles at this and blushes; she shrugs the sweater on and looks at her hands, which are completely engulfed by the sleeves of the sweater, seeing as james is much taller than her. 

"james that was my foot!" remus whisper-yells at the boy who stepped on his foot, obviously. they reach the dungeons, and silently walk to the slytherin common room. sirius mutters the password and the door swings open and luckily, there are no slytherins in their common room. 

   "alright april, you got the girls dorms. we will stay here and make sure no one comes down here. heres the cloak and the hair dye." james whispers and hands her the items, she nods and heads up the stairs, making sure she is completely invisible. she enters the dormitories to see the girls sleeping peacefully, except bellatrix black, who is snoring, loudly. april walks into the bathroom and keeps the invisibility cloak on, just incase one of the girls has to use the toilet and they don't run into eachother. she grabs the shampoo and quickly puts in the air dye and mixes it up. she walks out of the bathroom to see bellatrix rubbing her eyes, april thinks she is awake and quickly runs out of the dorm and down the stairs, and almost falls doing so. 

   "merlin, bellatrix was about to wake up and it scared the living crap out of me." april breathes out as she hands the invisibility cloak to sirius. they run up the stairs, sirius trying his best to not trip over the invisibility cloak trailing behind him, failing. he curses under he breath and you can hear james chuckle. the door to the boys dormitory swings open and shuts.

   a couple minutes later. james and sirius are running down the stairs, signaling for them all the follow them and to run, so they do. when they get out of the common room, james and sirius are panting. 

   "holy merlin, sirius knocked over the bloody conditioner bottle and it made the loudest noise and malfoy came into the bathroom after that and he got so close to us and we almost got caught." james says, about to walk away, and just as he says that, the five of them hear from the slytherin common room "who's there? i heard voices?!". 

   april's eyes widen and she smirks, grabs james hand and starts running towards the stairs away from the other boys, laughing and this causes james to smile. the others catch up to her and james and when they do, sirius smirks, knowing damn well that something is going on between james and april. james wraps the cloak around them all, incase they run into anyone, especially peeves the ghost.

   on their journey back to their common room, sirius steps on remus' foot and vice versa. when this happens, it often results in james whisper-yelling at them to "shut up" and april slightly giggling at their actions.

   they make it to the gryffindor common room and they bid their goodbyes. april walks up the stairs and enters the girls dormitories, not noticing lily evans is awake, not being able to sleep. she opens her eyes at the sound of the door opening and closing. she sees the outline of a person, a person she expects to be april. 

   lily and april were never really friends, just acquaintances. as april walks to her bed next to lily's, lily can faintly make out the word "potter" on april's jumper and she feels a tang of jealousy. she watches april climb into bed, still wearing the sweater, snuggling into the warm, fuzzy blankets on her bed. 

   lily closes her eyes and soon falls into a deep sleep. next to her, april opens her eyes and looks at the beautiful girl that her 'boyfriend' loves so much. april frowns and copies lily actions (not intentionally); she closes her eyes and eventually falls asleep. 

   in the boys, dormitory, james potter lies awake thinking about april labelle, thinking about when she grabbed his hand and ran as fast as she could, with the biggest smile on their faces, thinking about how happy and warm he felt in that moment. and he realizes he hasn't thought about lily at all this evening and he is very confused. james shakes his head and gets his head out of the clouds, back into reality where sirius is snoring, peter is secretly munching on some sweets (again) and remus is sleeping peacefully. he sighs, then closes his eyes, and falling into a deep sleep like the ones around him.