004. relationships

CHAPTER FOUR .*:・ ❝ RELATIONSHIPS ❞

ೃ࿔*:・ ❝ RELATIONSHIPS ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

     james potter walks into the great hall for lunch with sirius on his left, remus on his right, and the peter trailing behind them like some sort of rat. they all sit down at the gryffindor table in their usual seating arrangement. sirius in front of james, peter next to sirius, and remus across peter, next to james

      the four boys start to pile food on their plates, especially remus, seeing as its almost full moon; lupin's werewolf traits start to rise up leading to the one and only full moon. his fellow mates don't know that remus has a "furry little problem" as his little sister likes to call it to make her older brother smile at the tragedy he's had to deal with. 

     as they are eating, james hears the laugh of the one and only, lily evans. his head snaps towards her and yells without hesitation "lily-flower! fancy going out with me? please?". lily evans, marlene mckinnon, and alice fortescue's heads all turn towards the sound on james potters voice. lily's face turns red out of anger, like every other day when the potter boy asks her out. you can see a couple seats down from the girls, april labelle sits with a blank look on her face, hiding her sadness, wishing that she were the one james liked, but no one noticed it, no one noticed april, all eyes were on james and lily, as always.

     "potter! how many times do i have to tell you? i will never go out with you! bloody hell, he's such an arrogant toe-rag." she mumbles the last part so only her friends can hear her. "and also, i already have a date, for your information." she adds. james face turns to disappointment, once again, but it's more than that, it's jealousy.

     "james, you should try to date someone to make evans jealous, i don't know, to like realize she likes you and wants to date you." sirius says with a mouth full of chicken, pointing his fork at the boy in front of him. remus looks to the boy with an exasperated expression.

     "no! sirius that is such a bad idea. what if they find out? what if one of you catches feelings for another? what if-" remus keeps going until he gets interrupted by james. 

     "sirius orion black, that is a splendid idea, there are some cons but mostly pros-". james smirks, pointing his finger.

     "i object-" remus tries to step back in putting his hands on the table. 

     "what about april?" peter squeaks from beside sirius.

     "brilliant" james and sirius say in unison.

     "you have got to be kidding me." remus slumps back, feeling beat. 

at dinner 

     "april you haven- april? april!" alana shouts to get april's attention away from james potter. the girl has been stealing glances at james during dinner, to see if he was okay, he looked perfectly happy and content and she was confused regarding the actual rejection from lily evans at lunch. you would expect potter to be upset because lily has a date, and she didn't just say no.