013. i like you

CHAPTER THIRTEEN .*:・ ❝ I LIKE YOU ❞

ೃ࿔*:・ ❝ I LIKE YOU ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

   two weeks, later, april labelle sits in the library, finishing up her potions homework during her lunch. there are few students in the library with her; two 7th year gryffindors named louis tomlinson, and harry styles, and a 4th year hufflepuff named emilia hemmings. harry styles, and louis tomlinson, the gryffindors: styles is very kind and generous, but he is also very narcissistic. tomlinson, he is very loud and but he comes off as cuddly and happy, and he is very lovely, and funny once you get to know him. many students suspect the two are in a relationship together, bu the way they look at eachother and act around eachother, and april is one of those 'many students'. 

   april huffs loudly in frustration, catching the attention of the 3 other students in the library, along with madam pince. april realizes that she was too loud and looks up to see the students looking at her, and pince giving her a stern look. she mutters "sorry" and everyone gets back to doing her work. 

   after a couple minutes of being confused with her potions work, she gets interrupted by hearing the library door swing open then slams shut, and very loud, running footsteps in the library. 

   "mr. potter!" madam pince says sternly, at the person running.

   "sorry!" a voice belonging to james potter yells back, clearly out of breath. april furrows her brows, and looks to her right, and sees james jogging up towards her. curiosity fills her up because why is james coming over to her? what does he have to say? is he here to tell her some ridiculously mean thing? why is he here?

   "j-james? what are you-" april starts, staring at him, as he stands in front of her, catching his breath. her lips part as he raises his head, to reveal a blushing james potter. 

   "april labelle, i need to talk to you." he says, sounding very charming, and giving her his signature 'james potter smile'. he offers her his hand, and she furrows her eyebrows. she slips her things into her bag and takes james' hand. she follows him out of the quiet aroma that is library, all the way to near the great hall, where it is loud and filled with students. james brings her to right outside the great hall and builds up the courage to tell her something, like he built up the courage to literally run up to her in the library after barely speaking for weeks. 

   james looks at her, and she realizes the is just as confused as nervous he is. he sheepishly smiles. then says "uh, i have to tell you something...". in response, she gives a face that says "go ahead". as april does this, all she is thinking is what he is going to say, what does he have to tell her? 

   "um, so- ibrokeupwithlilyafterthegameagainstslytherinacoupleweeksago." james mutters, all his words coming together forming this one huge word. april gives a very confused face and asks "what?".

   he realizes that she could not understand what he had sad. he takes a deep breath and slowly says " i broke up with lily after the game against slytherin a couple weeks ago", avoiding eye contact until he completely finishes his shocking statement. her eyes widen and he instinct is to push him in the chest, but nothing enough to hurt him, just to acknowledge her shock. 

   "what? why?" she asks after she has completed digested what happened. he takes another deep breath and starts to play with his hands, clearly nervous. 

   "i realized that i didn't love her anymore, i like someone else..." he starts, after what feels like forever. right now, they are staring into each-others eyes, staring into one another's souls, seeing as they are trying to find an answer, trying to find what the other is thinking. 

   "who?" april asks, filling up with curiosity.

   "you." he says shortly, and quickly, feeling reckless and nervous because of what he is doing. april smiled at his statement then laughs. 

   "no seriously, i really like you april. and i'm sorry i didn't realize before. we did so much while we were together in that fake relationship and i had so fun and you made me so happy." he smiles, grabbing her hands, trying to convince her.

   "james fleamont potter, you better not be joking right now because i have really liked you for a long time." she smiles at him, looking into his eyes, full of love. 

   "oh, april rose labelle, sounds like you want me to prove it to you!" he commented, and before april could even say a word, he grabs her hand with a huge smile and drags her into the great hall, which was filled with chatter and glee from students ages 11-17. countless amounts of candles are floating in the air. james jumps up onto the gryffindor table, his feet where there was once the marauders food.  

   "attention everyone! i am james potter, as most of you know, and this is april labelle, the lovely girl right over there who is giving me the most beautiful but annoyed face ever," he yells, pointing to april, grabbing the attention of everyone and making the hall go silent except for the quiet chatters amongst the students, "and i would just like everyone to know that i really like april, because she thinks i am joking when i tell her this. and also! lily evans is not mad at all, in fact, she is happy for us, so thank you lily. so i'd just let you all know that before you get mad at me. anyway, april is my girlfriend again so yeah!". 

   april smiles at lily, for being so forgiving and kind, and lily smiles in return. james jumps off the table swiftly walks over to a very blushing april, he places his hands on her cheeks and whispers, so that only she can hear, "you're like a fallen star who came to me when i needed someone the most". they both blush, if that's possible, and then april mutters "really?". he nods and she does something that she never though she would, she softly places her lips on his and as soon as she does, the two feel fireworks inside of them, even more powerful than the ones before. james smiles into the kiss. james removes his hands from april's cheeks, and puts one on the back of her neck, and one on her waist. 

   "woohoo! go james! YEAH GET SOME!" sirius black yells from the gryffindor table, cheering on his best friend. 

   "black! let them have their moment! merlin..." lily evans yells at the silly boy. april pulls away from the kiss and just laughs, placing her forehead against james'. he laughs too and wraps his arms around april, and looks into her eyes and gives her a look that says 'forever' and she returns that exact same look. 

   "you owe me five galleons." minerva mcgonagall whispers to albus dumbledore, smirking at him, and holding out her hand. albus rolls his eyes in return and gives her a look that says 'not right now'.

   james potter smiles at april labelle and grabs her hand and walks over to where their friends all together. after a couple minutes of chatting and just enjoying the presence of the happiness and love in the air, james looks at april labelle, his girlfriend, no quotation marks, no fakes, no buts, no ifs. he smiles at her, and she looks at him, and it feels like everything is in slow motion, but everything is so fast at the same time, he notices something, and it comes at him like a tidal wave, he loves her. james' lips part at the sudden realization and then he just smiles again. he loves april. james potter loves april labelle.