016. august mclaggen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ❝ AUGUST MCLAGGEN ❞

ೃ࿔*:・ ❝ AUGUST MCLAGGEN ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅   

   "How in the bloody hell did the elves get the dung bomb into the cake? That's some wizard crap right there." Sirius Black asks his mates as they climb the final staircase to the astronomy tower. The time on James Potter's watch reads 7:37 pm, giving them enough time to set everything up and find a hiding place. April's face paints itself into a confused expression as she places her hands into the pockets of the jumper she stole from James.

   "Sirius... I don't know if you've noticed, but wizards do exist. Need an example? Look in a mirror." April commented, cocking her head to the side and looking at the boy.

   "And witches, by the way." Remus chimes in. The five of them finally reach the top of the staircase, and as Remus steps onto the final step, he trips. The cake flies out of the clumsy boy's hands. "Oh no-"

   "Arresto Momentum!" April declares, pointing her wand at the cake. The dung bomb-filled cake slows down mid-air. Everyone lets out a breath of relief they didn't know they were holding. April walks over to the floating cake and grabs it, releasing the spell.

   "Woah, you're amazing." James smiles at his girlfriend, looking at her in awe. April giggles and opens her mouth to say something, but the sound of Sirius's voice is heard.

   "Awe, thanks, babe! Means a lot to me, Prongs!" Sirius jokes, an enormous grin on his face as he looks at his best mate. April rolls her eyes and laughs at him while James mutters something like "Shut up, lad." under his breath.

   The five of them work together to make the "prank" look as close to a date as possible. They set up a blanket, some candles, utensils for the cake, and plates to tempt the foolish boy into eating it. Remus also charmed the cake to smell delicious, unlike the putrid scent the dung bomb emits.

   At 7:54, the five heard loud, heavy footsteps approaching them on the stairs, so they all hurried over to the steps of the Astronomy Tower. They all sat down, and James hurried to put the invisibility cloak on them. Thankfully, it was just large enough to cover all of them, thanks to April using an enlarging charm.

   August McLaggen walks in with a smirk at the sight of the chocolate cake. He looks around for April before walking over to the blanket to see the note she made for him that read:

   "Set this up for us, but forgot something at my dorm. I'll be back soon, don't be afraid to start eating without me :)."

   He read the note and stated, "Don't mind if I do..." to himself. He starts to sit down on the blanket when Sirius breaks the silence.

   "Yes!" He whispers.

   "Shut up!" April and James whisper-yell in unison at Sirius. August jerks his head around to locate the source of the noise. As he looks around, he sees an empty tower and a stunning view of the stars in the sky and the Hogwarts grounds. He returns his attention to the cake and takes one of the knives they had left nearby.

   August begins to cut into the cake when the dung bomb bursts in his face, filling the room with a rotten and horrible odor. Fortunately, April and Remus discovered a spell that may protect them all from the stench.

   "Oh my god- what in the bloody hell?!" August McLaggen exclaims in horror. After the dung bomb explosion, he takes one breath and gags in disgust, sprinting out of the room and down the stairs as soon as possible.

   Until August is out of earshot, the five seventh years hold back their laughter by making inhumane sounds that make them want to laugh even harder. When August's running footsteps and occasional remarks in disgust are silent to the group, they all laugh, their faces as red as a tomato.

   "Oh, Merlin, that felt amazing!" April exclaims, a smile on her face. James pulls the invisibility cloak off of the group, and all of them have beaming grins on their faces, causing their cheeks to hurt. The friends had been laughing so hard tears had started to stream down their faces.

   "I don't know, love; you might be the best prankster of all of us." James smiles at his partner. This causes Sirius' laughing to halt and glare at his best mate.

   "James, lad, I wouldn't go that far," Sirius states, placing his hand on James' chest, "It was pretty good, but you'll never beat me." He smirks.

   "Thank you...I think?" April giggles. She feels fingers lace through her own and looks over to see James with a huge grin.

   "You. Are. Brilliant." He blushes, kissing her on the forehead. April's face brightens, and she hides her face in James' shoulder when Sirius interrupts again.

   "Oh my god, can you guys get a room? We get it already!" He complains. The couple laughs at his antics as Remus, Peter, and Sirius begin down the steps. April goes to follow when James grabs her arm, pulling her back into his arms—April's brows furrow before James smiles and touches her cheek.

   "What are you-" She starts before his lips met hers in a soft, tender kiss. It was like fireworks exploding in their chest as their bodies melted together in a passionate embrace.

   "Wow." April beams as she pulls away and catches her breath. It wasn't the first time they had kissed, but it was undoubtedly the most memorable. Everything was perfect. April in James' sweater, the taste of butterbeer lingering on the tip of their tongues, and the feeling of the unspoken love between them. Perfect.

   James smiles at her, in awe of her beauty, her glow. "Shall we?" He grabs her hand, beaming, leading her to the staircase.

   "I- uh- yes." She stutters in shock at the magical kiss they had shared moments before. She blushes at James as she starts walking down the stairs, hand in hand with James. She had never been as happy as she is now with him; at this moment, after that kiss, she was in heaven; April was in love.

AUTHORS NOTE

soooo hi guys!!! its been like over a year. busy busy busy year. going into my senior year now. i have a lot going on :( this took me forever to write bc writers block sucks!!! especially when you're trying to write songs now. LOL anyway, hope you all have been well, i love you all and thank you for reading this!! were like 10 reads away from 45k reads so that's awesome!! anyway pls don't forget to vote and comment <3 have a great day/evening <3 !!!