005. it's cute, like you

CHAPTER FIVE .*:・ ❝ IT'S CUTE, LIKE YOU ❞

ೃ࿔*:・ ❝ IT'S CUTE, LIKE YOU ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

     james potter sits down in his seat in transfiguration, earlier than some of the class, but never earlier than april labelle. he shoots a smile towards her and she returns it while her cheeks are a bit pink, but the potter boy doesn't seem to notice, even when he watches her get out all her things. 

     a couple minutes later, all of the gryffindor and slytherin students are in the class waiting for mcgonagall to start teaching. a couple minutes of the minnie teaching transfiguration, james remembers that april has yet to give him answer. he thinks of what to say then taps on her shoulder.

     "hey april, have you decided yet? like if...ya know." he whispers discreetly, slightly moving closer to her. she is still looking up at mcgonagall while she whispers "james pay attention".

     "but-" he starts. 

     "pay attention! i'll talk to you later" she whispers then glances at him, to make sure he doesn't look mad, and he doesn't, in fact, he's staring at her, with an innocent look on his face. she looks back at her notes, and not even one minute later, she sees messy words forming letter by letter in the corner of her parchment, forming a short sentence saying "it's later - james ;)"  april furrows her brows and looks to james who has his iconic smile on his face and makes a little motion with his quill, basically saying "write on it!".  she looks down and starts to write in cursive under his note, 

     "i made up my mind, but let's talk next period"  he looks down to her note, and mutters under his breath "what the bloody hell does that say?" april rolls her eyes at his silliness and writes her note in print so he could read it. 

     james nods his head as he reads it and writes while trying to contain his hair from falling in his face, "brilliant, where? :)" 

      "the big tree by the black lake, and why do you keep adding smiley faces?" she writes. 

     "alright. and it's cute, like you :)" james writes and as soon as he recognizes what he wrote he scribbles it out so she can't see what he had written. little did he know she was reading it as he wrote, but she pretended not to notice, while silently freaking out and her cheeks becoming as red as a tomato by now.

     twenty minutes later of mcgonagall teaching and james wondering what she will say, the bell rings and as soon as that happens the professor announces "class dismissed". james jumps up from his seat and follows april out the door.

   "april! do you want to walk together or something" he asks april while rubbing his neck, unsure of what else to say. james just sort of follows her out of the crowd of gryffindors and slytherins and maybe some hufflepuffs and ravenclaws meeting with their friends. 

   "actually, i have to go to the library to grab a book, or a few. i'll meet you there though!" she says while walking towards the library, waving goodbye at james. james waves back and starts walking towards the doors to the castle to go to the black lake. 

   some time goes by of james playing with the snitch he stole from one of his games and just staring out into the black lake and then he hears footsteps approaching him. 

   "hi james. i'm sorry if i took long, i didn't mean to. i just ran into lucius malfoy and his friends. they were just messing with me, no big deal. " she says, fixing her hair, sitting down while putting all of her stuff down next to her on the ground. 

   "they did what? they were messing with you? bloody snakes." he hisses under his breath. 

   "yeah, they just pushed me- never  mind. anyway, yes." she said while sitting next to james, leaned against the tree. 

   "yes what?" he asks, clearly confused. "and also, i'll get remus, sirius and peter to do a prank on them, no 'but's', 'what if's', nothing. we are doing it! and you're going to help us!" he winks at her. 

   "yes i'll be your fake girlfriend to make the one and only lily evans jealous, but there need to be some ground rules." she states as a big smile appears on james' face. "and i don't know the first thing about pranking." she adds. 

   "YAY!" he squeals like a little girl, wrapping his arms around april. she bursts into laughter at his silly actions and pats him on the back. he unwraps his arms, and april gets out a piece of parchment and a pen that she got from her muggle mother. 

   "and ground rules-" she starts.

   "why do we need ground rules? and also what is that?"

   "because i don't want all my firsts to be fake. this is a pen, james." 

   "oh" he says, still not knowing what a 'pen' was, with going up with quills and ink. before april could explain what a pen was to him, he asks "wait so you've never kissed anyone or had a boyfriend before? how though? you're so sweet, kind, and pretty!"

   her cheeks turn bright pink and she looks down at the grass, "thank you james, and nobody else really notices me or sees me i guess, but whatever, lets stick to what we were talking about." she says while writing 'ground rules' at the top of the paper. she stars off with writing 

'1) no kissing

2) no one knows about the secret behind this relationship' 

   "uh the boys know, infact, sirius came up with the idea." james says while looking over her shoulder, pointing to the second one. april rolls her eyes and adds 'except the marauders' . "wait  can i at least kiss you on the cheek if we win a quidditch game or we're in front of lily" james potter adds. 

   "sure, but only on the cheek." james rolls his eyes. he and april think for a minute and then his eyes light up. 

   "i have one!" and "i can't think of anything else." are heard from the two at the same time. james grabs the pen and parchment and writes 'april teaches james about muggle stuff' 

   april nods her head and sticks her hand out for james to shake. "pleasure doing business with you." 

   "pleasure doing business with you." he repeats. james stands up and offers his hand to help april up, she grabs it thankfully and pulls herself up. "shall i walk you to your next class?" he adds, trying to sound fancy but failing, he bows to her, stretching out his hand. james and april burst into laughter. they start walking hand in hand back to the castle, not noticing that they are holding each others hands, just talking about life on the way to potions class. they ignore the looks of question from other students. they just walk into the huge, yet beautiful building, still unaware that they are holding each other.