"No, no ladies you misunderstand. My friend here has little thing for-"

"I don't have a thing for her!"

"Whatever. Anyways, he's buying her a pretty little skirt, but it's a secret." he said hushed, "You ladies think you can help us out?"

Their attitudes changed immediately at the thought of teen romance and said they'd find out by the end of the day.

"See Iwa-chan~" Oikawa teased as the girls walked away, "It's not that hard to talk to girls."

Iwaizumi smacked his friend on the head.

"If they say anything to anyone I'm killing you."

Oikawa smiled cheerfully at his annoyed friend.

~

It was time for your gym class, and you were in the locker room with a few other girls. Izumi elbowed one of the other girls, Chiaki, while you weren't looking. Chiaki remembered their plan and distracted you.

"Oh, (Y/n)-kun!" Could you come to the bathroom with me? I don't wanna go alone."

Obviously, because of girl code, you agreed and left the locker room with her. The other girls waited until the door closed behind you to rush over to your locker and check the size of your skirt.

"Ok, someone text Iwaizumi-chan, (Y/n)'s a (your size)."

Akari nodded as she pulled out her phone.

"I'm so proud of Iwaizumi-chan." one girl named Hana beamed.

Izumi sighed with a smile.

"Ahhh young love. Hey Akari, you went to middle school with Iwaizumi right? What are the other girls he's dated like."

She looked up from her phone to reply.

"See, that's the thing. He's never dated anyone. In fact, I don't think he's ever shown interest in anyone before."

Izumi giggled.

"Well that's definitely changed. You should've seen his face when he and Oikawa came to ask us for her size Hana. He was blushing just at the mention of her name."

"I totally ship it," Hana said, "Iwaizumi's always super chill and confident, but gets all flustered around (Y/n). It's adorable!"

"What's adorable?" you ask, walking in. 

"You and Iwaizumi-chan." Akari smirked.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

The other girls laughed out loud and Chiaki put a hand on your shoulder.

"Awww look at our clueless little (Y/n)-kun. She doesn't know they're both head over heels for each other."

Your eyes widened.

"W- we are not!" you said defensively.

This only made the girls giggle more as you all exited the locker room.

"Suuuuureeeee, it's totally not like he blushes every time he sees you."

"He doesn't!"

"Prove it," Akira says, pushing you towards the gym, "he's right in there, so I'd love to see him attempt to talk to you without getting flustered."

You agree reluctantly and you and the other girls approach where he and Oikawa were with a couple other boys.

"Hey Iwa." you say calmly.

He immediately blushes as he turns to face you and rubs the back of his neck.

"H-hey (Y/n)-chan."

"I'm coming to your practice match for another article today after school."

His eyes lit up.

"Oh c-cool! I'll uh, see you there."

You smile softly at him before turning to walk away with your friends. Now your face was blushing, after managing to hide it while talking to him.

"You see?" Izumi half-whispered, "he couldn't get a single sentence out without stuttering."

The other girls giggled again.

"Yep," Akira said, subtly pointing at Iwaizumi behind you, "they're totally in love."

You turned your head a bit to see Iwaizumi staring at you, but immediately turning away. 

Maybe he does like you.

And you don't mind.

///