glass pt.four || lia.soobin

(off topic, but i listened to y si fuera ella by jonghyun for the first time yesterday, and ive been replaying it ever since for some reason

(off topic, but i listened to y si fuera ella by jonghyun for the first time yesterday, and ive been replaying it ever since for some reason... is this magic or sumthing??)

(also, i started a book based on the "that's my girl" oneshot if anyone likes it enough to start reading an elongated version of it lol)

<<<

the dress turned back to what it was before.

looking around, she decided to admire the beauty of the carriage before it was gone too, only realize that the other shoe was still on her foot—not fading away.

the ride home was spent with her and her thoughts. she decided that when she got home, she would write the night down in one of the old journals her father liked to collect but never used—her stepfamily was never interested in anything that was paper besides ball invitations. she was going to hide it with the shoe, under the floorboards, she thought—for the rare and unlikely case of forgetting.

when she got home, the place was as spotless as her stepmother had wanted. they seemed disappointed to not have anything to yell at her for, but luckily didn't try to look.

"make me some tea," the woman said without looking at her.

she did that before doing the tedious task of helping her stepsisters out of their clothes and heavy makeup. as she did so, she wondered if she had a chance of meeting the friends she had made tonight.

at the end of everything, though, when she was in bed, she lied awake and unable to fall asleep.

someday, she thought. someday, she would meet him again. and she wasn't going to be a slave for this family when she did.

she would really be as beautiful as she was that night at the palace. she would be as free as she had felt for this one night.

<<<

soobin felt like an idiot for not asking for her name.

it's two am, and kai was dozing off in the chair still in his clothes: light pink and purple. and soobin was still talking about the mystery girl with the glass shoe, speaking of which was on the bedside table—more to himself now. he was laying on his side, staring at it.

where did she go? he wondered, but then decided it didn't matter.

because he was going to do what he could to find her again.

<<<

turns out, that "doing whatever he could to find her again" was a lot.

many people with black hair and brown eyes came to the palace that day—except for one. there was a large crowd.

some he could tell just weren't her, but some he wasn't sure about. those were the ones that tried on the slipper. but there was just so many people; and who knows the possibilities? the world is a big place. beomgyu, having no clue about this, asked when he successfully maneuvered his way to him: