Chapter 5

Hannah

I got back the office, dazed but with a big smile on my face. I was in the kitchen making a round of teas and I felt positive about things for the first time in weeks.

I knew sex didn't solve anything by any means but we were so connected by it that I couldn't think straight.

I never could when I was around him.

An email pinged on my screen dragging me out of my thoughts. It was from Johnny.

'Hannah. Car park. Two minutes'.

The hairs on my neck prickled as I frowned at it. He had been so disgusting to me that I didn't even want to see his face.

I sighed. It was my fault really; he was obviously hurt and I had caused it. I owed it to him to hear what he had to say.

I stood and muttered that I was going to my car. Once I got out of the front of the building, I spied him sitting in his car at the far end of the car park. I wandered towards it nervously.

Liam would go mad if he knew but he didn't have anything to worry about. I would speak to him about it later.

I opened the passenger side and got in, not saying a word. He turned his body to face me. I couldn't read his expression but his body language was welcoming so I took it as a good sign.

'Well?' I said bitterly. I didn't want to be nasty to him but I didn't want to be berated like I was that morning.

'Hannah... I apologise for this morning. My behaviour towards you was out of order'. His tone was clipped but his eyes were soft.

His apology softened my own resolve and I nodded slowly and waited for him to continue.

'Can you forgive me?' He breathed. I felt like the worlds worst person.

'Of course Johnny. I know it's got really fucked up and I'm so sorry that you've been dragged into it all. I really didn't mean to hurt you, I promise you. Can you forgive me?' I said sincerely, giving him a small smile.

His eyes didn't leave mine and I could see the sadness behind them. It hurt my heart. I did still care for him and didn't enjoy this. He nodded slowly.

'I hope he treats you well this time Hannah I really do'. He said silently. I gulped and nodded.

'He's... we are working through some things...' I felt slightly guilty discussing this with him but I owed it to him.

'That's... well. I'm glad you are happy. At least I hope you are'. He smiled at me gently.

I nodded back and pondered his words.

'I'd better get back inside'.

'Until next time Miss Williams'. His familiar catch phrase warmed me but I didn't let it show as I made my way back inside the building.

Once I got home Liam was waiting for me in the kitchen, he had cooked steak and vegetables and it made me love him even more that he was keeping up the effort.

'Hiya Babe, Mollie's just phoned me, she's staying at Billy's tonight'. He coughed as he stirred the ingredients in the pan.

I came up behind him and kissed him on the side of the neck and then put my arms around his waist kissing his back lightly.

'Thank you Babe I'm starving'. I yawned. He turned and smiled at me.

'How was your day? Besides the highlight of me giving your pussy a good seeing to'. I mirrored his cheeky grin.