e͓̽i͓̽g͓̽h͓̽t͓̽e͓̽e͓̽n͓̽. s͓̽e͓̽c͓̽o͓̽n͓̽d͓̽ f͓̽i͓̽r͓̽s͓̽t͓̽ d͓̽a͓̽t͓̽e͓̽s͓̽

Start from the beginning

she exhaled a deep breathe and nodded. standing from the couch, she made her way over to the front door and pulled it open. on the other side stood daniel, a single rose in his hands.

her heart swarmed at the sight. it brought back memories and she couldn't help but to get a little emotional

he smiled shyly at her, "i know this is cheesy.." he started, but she cut him off with a shake of her head

"it's not cheesy, it's really sweet of you" she took the rose from his hands and placed it on the side table by the door. she made sure she had everything she needed and then stepped out of the house, locking the door behind her.

"isaacs not home?" daniel questioned as the two of them made their way down the front steps and to his car

"he is" she sent him a confused look, "why?"

"just thought maybe i should say hi" he told her. he unlocked the car and the two entered

eleanor shrugged, "maybe when you drop me off" she buckled her seatbelt as he started the car and began driving. she turned to look at him, "so where you taking me?"

"it's a surprise" he smirked at her. he reached for his phone and handed it to her, "you can play some music if you want"

she obliged, taking the phone from him. "look at me" she told him and held the phone infront of his face, allowing the face id to unlock it. she went to the music app and just hit shuffle, chuckling when 'big plans' began playing.

"this is one of our newer songs" he informed her

"i know" she replied, laughing slightly when he looked at her in shock, "just because we broke up didn't mean i stopped supporting you. i was still proud of everything you and the boys accomplished"

"you never fail to amaze me, eleanor mae"

the car ride was silent after that. the two of them listened to music and just enjoyed each other's presence. ellie was thankful it wasn't awkward.

a smile formed on her face as daniel pulled into the parking lot of an arcade, one of which she remembered very clearly

"this is where-"

"it's where you took me on our first date" she interrupted him, "i remember" she bit her lip and gave a slight shake of her head, "this is crazy to me"

"what is?"

"that i'm here with you" she told him shyly

he reached over and grabbed her hand that was resting on her thy, giving it a slight squeeze, "i'm really glad you're here with me"

she smiled, squeezing his hand back, "me too"

❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿

they spent a couple hours at the arcade and then went to get dinner. now they were on their way to daniels house, having plans to watch a movie.

they pulled up to the house and made their way out of the car and up the front steps. ellie looked around, taking notice that christians and tylers cars weren't there

"where's christian and tyler?" she asked him as he unlocked the door.

"christians at jc's house and i'm not sure where tyler is" he told her, pushing the door open and stepping to the side, allowing her to enter first.

she stepped into the house shyly, her nerves from before making a return. she wasnt aware that it would be just her and daniel at the house

"is that okay?" he questioned her, taking notice of the way she seemed to close herself off

she nodded at him, "yeah that's okay.. what movie do you want to watch?" she followed him over to the couch and took a seat, watching as kicked off his shoes and joined her on the couch.

he reached for the remote and turned the tv on, "whatever you want to watch is fine"

they settled on 'thor : ragnarok' and ellie found herself scooting closer to daniel, placing her head on his shoulder.

he could feel his heartbeat speed up as he slung his arm around her shoulders, pulling her in closer so her head rested on his chest instead. he ran his fingers through her hair and occasionally placed light kisses on the top of her head.

he felt like he could finally breathe again. for the last year , this was all he'd ever wanted ; to have her back in his arms. and now that she was, he made a silent promise to never let her go.

he heard her breathing even out and he glanced down at her, a soft smile gracing his lips when he noticed she'd fallen asleep. he debated on waking her up but decided against it. instead, he leaned his head back and closed his eyes. he didn't ever want this moment to end.

❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿
heyy! sorry for the slow update, i started school and everything's just been hectic. i'm hoping to get back to it, but here's a long update as an apology xx