Chapter 20:

Colby Violet's P.O.V.

"So, what are we watching?"

With Keegan's arms around me, I can barely focus on anything else, his scent surrounding me. His warmth coating me in safety. His lips light against my neck. His fingers are soft to the touch as I play with them in my lap gently. Keegan hums in appreciation at my subtle touch on his muscular bicep.

"I guess those two aren't paying attention. My choice then. The Silence of the Lambs."

"Shit, Michael. The last time I watched that I almost pissed my pants."

"First of all Dax, you did piss your pants. And now you know what's coming."

"What about Colby?"

I turn my attention to Daxton who's staring at me with pleading eyes. I guess he really doesn't want to watch it. I don't want to watch it either. It sounds pretty scary, and I'm not into horror movies. I watched this scene in some movie with Oliver where they cut off their own tongues, and I was not into it. Ever since then, I'm not into any horror movies. I never was in the first place.

"Michael...can we not watch that? How about Falling Inn Love? It's so cute, and there's a goat!"

"I don't care about a goat."

"But...he's so cute. And the blonde guy is too. He's what you call a hotty."

"Oh, now you've peaked my interest. Let's see this...hotty."

Eli places a kiss on my head before sitting on the floor in front of me and Keegan. I place my legs over his shoulders, Eli's thumb now circling over the smooth skin. While Michael gets the movie to run, everyone gets situated, cuddling as close to me as possible. I giggle as Daxton and Alex fight over my lap, but I tell them they can just put their hands on my thighs.

That gets them to shut up for a few minutes while I watch the movie, but soon, the boys get bored. We haven't even gotten to the best part when Eli starts snoring. My bottom lip sticks off in a pout, and I struggle to hold in my tears. I didn't mean to waste their time with my movie pick. I thought that they would like it. I guess I was wrong.

I tap Eli on his shoulder, rubbing away the gathering tears in my eyes.

"Can we go home?"

"Of course, baby. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just tired. We have to get ready for school tomorrow too."

"Are you sure?"

"Can we just go?"

Eli doesn't say anything more, not having to. He stands up and takes my hand in his. As I get my things, not bothering to change back from Michael's clothes, I can hear the boys talking behind me. I'm just being sensitive. It's not a big deal, and I'm going to get over it. It's not like I've done anything wrong. They didn't like the movie, and I can't change that fact. I really need a good night's sleep, and everything will be better tomorrow.

Besides, I get to go to real, public school. That's going to be a new adventure. A fun adventure, though it does make me a little nervous. I don't really know what to expect. Are most people going to be nice? Will anyone cause any trouble? Am I going to make new friends? Will the boys be just as nice to me? I hope they are. I'm going to need all the support I can get.

I feel Eli take my hand once again, and I send a small wave to the other boys as we walk out the door. We don't say much to one another, only me giving him a thank you for opening the passenger car door. The light music in the background slowly drowns out as I stare out the window. Lights from bars, movie theaters, and bustling restaurants fill my eyes. They soon turn blurry, sleepiness overtaking me.