Boys Life of Despair: Part 6

Magsimula sa umpisa

[Are you having trouble logging onto those files Master?] Alter Ego spoke through the screen. Chihiro sighed and typed back to her.

[Yeah...There is one thing I can try though. I know a program that's certain to break through whatever virus walls are blocking me from accessing these files...but in order to make it, I need time...Time I just don't have...]

To be frank, Monokuma clearly wasn't letting anyone leave the academy, so Chihiro literally had all the time in the world...However, while she didn't want to admit it, she didn't know how long it would be before another one of her classmates would be tempted to commit a murder, by whatever motive Monokuma may have prepared for them. Chances are if he implemented the use of another motive, it wouldn't be the same as before. That wouldn't work, so whatever plan he had up his sleeve would definitely be dangerous to the group. As of such, Chihiro would have preferred to analyze these files sooner rather than later...And then her brain popped an idea.

[Alter Ego. I have a job for you]

[What would that be Master?]

[If I implement some guidelines into you, could you try and break through the firewall and get these files analyzed? They're surprisingly well-secured, but I believe that they could potentially contain documents from the academy. Getting info out of them may give us an idea as to what's going on.]

[Are you sure about that?] Alter Ego responded back.

Hmph...Of course I'm not... Chihiro thought to herself as she typed her response.

[They're this well encrypted, so it has to contain information that the Mastermind doesn't want us knowing.]

For once, Alter Ego paused before responding back.

[It will likely take quite a bit of time by myself...] she said [but it is not impossible. I can certainly try.]

Chihiro smiled, proud of her creation. The last message that she typed in was...

[Thank you. And please, you need to stay well hidden. If you can see me through the webcam, then that means you can probably see whoever comes around. If that happens, then just call and I will come running.]

[Of course. Where will you be hiding me?]

[In this locker room. I don't really have much of a choice. This is the only room in the entire academy with no surveillance system. Monokuma especially can't find you here...]

[Will you tell the others about me?]

Chihiro went to type her response, but then halted like an antelope in headlights. Alter Ego had asked quite an important question...Should she tell the others about this...? She sat there for a few minutes, her head instinctively turning towards the door where Kyoko was still outside keeping watch. Eventually, she weighed her options and typed back...

[No...I won't. There's always a chance that we could turn out with nothing, and I don't want to give everyone hope if it means it will come crashing down...Besides...]

[Besides what...?]

With heavy hands and an even heavier heart, she finished her sentence...

[I'm not so sure...who I can trust...]

"Ah, you're out..." Kyoko acknowledged, as Chihiro left the locker room.

"Yes...I am..." Chihiro sighed "honestly, I'm pretty surprised that you were able to guard this place for so long..."

"One or two people did come by, but I simply told them that you wanted to take a long bath by yourself, and that you asked me to stand by and tell everyone else," Kyoko told her "after what happened, you have good enough reason to, so everyone believed me..."

"Sorry you had to lie on my behalf..." Chihiro sulked at being reminded of her pathetic confrontation with Byakuya that everyone had seen...

"So? What did you find?"

"I...I can't say yet..." Chihiro told her "it's not that I don't trust you, but that I don't want to get your hopes up...All I'll say is that I did find something..."

"You think it can be used to get us out of here?" Kyoko asked.

"Like I said..." Chihiro repeated "all we can do is hope..."

Chihiro went to bed feeling very depressed that night. She slowly drifted off to sleep, only to finally reach that destination with the night time announcement from Monokuma...

"May I have your attention please?" the bear announced "it is now 10pm, and nighttime is now in effect. The dining hall is now off limits, and will be locked off momentarily. Sweet dreams everyone. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite..."

She remembered what she had told Kyoko earlier that day...She didn't want to make a promise that she couldn't keep, but she was repeated in her mind her words...

All we can do is hope...