New Acquaintances

Start from the beginning

"That's our que." Diego said, while grabbing Eleanor's hand in his own.

   "Thank you for your time ma'am." Diego told Agnes, heading towards the back exit.

   "Bye Agnes!" Eleanor called out, before they ended up in a back alley.

"Let's go back to the academy and get you cleaned up, alright?" Diego said comfortingly and Eleanor nodded, still numb from the situation.

Suddenly a woman approached them with an unamused look on her face.

   "Shit - hang on. Let me..." Diego began, but was cut off by a shock coursing through his body.

   He fell to the ground, as Eleanor looked at the woman, stunned.

   "What the hell!" She said, but before she could do anything, she too was tased.

The woman quickly picked the two up, handcuffing them. "You don't talk to my witnesses, understand?" She asked bitterly.

"Let me catch you up to speed, Eudora." Diego taunted, catching Eleanor's attention.

   "Eudora?" She thought to herself. "Does Diego know her?"

"Don't call me that!" She shouted and Diego smiled, unfazed.

   "Right, Detective Patch. What, are we going to keep things professional?"

"I don't know if we ever agreed on much." The detective began, turning Diego around.

   "We agreed on some things." Diego added with a wink.

"Did we really though?" She asked as she began patting him down.

   "I'm confiscating this." She said, while holding a police radio.

   "Military surplus. They're practically giving them away."

"And this."

   "No skin, super cheap. Bought it on eBay." Diego said nonchalantly and Eleanor laughed to herself, finally catching Eudora's attention.

"Who's she?" The detective asked coldly and Eleanor blushed, unsure of what to say. Diego quickly noticed her uncomfortableness and spoke up.

   "This is Eleanor." He said proudly and the detective's face softened.

"Oh Eleanor, I've heard so much about you! I wish we could have met under better circumstances." Eudora said genuinely and Eleanor smiled to herself at the thought that Diego mentioned her.

Eleanor continued to pat down Diego before pulling out a mask. "That, you can keep." Diego smirked before replying.

   "You used to like that."

   "Not anymore." She said seriously, while placing the pair into a police car.

Eleanor immediately tensed up, realizing how close Patch and Diego really were. Just because she didn't date anyone else doesn't mean he couldn't. And she couldn't find it in herself to blame Eudora, so she just sat there sadly in the back of the police car, beside the man she once loved.

"Hey, you okay?" Diego asked worriedly and Eleanor nodded smally.

   "As good as one can be." She joked, but fully meaning it.

"I'm sorry about your friend." Diego said sincerely and Eleanor looked down sadly.

   "Thanks." She said shortly in an effort to contain her tears.