Unexpected Moments

"What the hell is going on?" Diego asked as he and Klaus helped Eleanor into the hallway.

"Are those explosions coming f-"

"Vanya." Eleanor answered, ignoring the pain in her side.

"We need to get to safety outside the Academy." Pogo ordered worriedly.

"Don't forget Mom!" Luther called out as he went to help Allison.

Diego, Klaus, and Eleanor ran as fast as they could to Mom's usual spot near the stairs, to find that she was no where to be found.

"Mom! Where is she?" Diego yelled fearfully, not wanting to lose her a second time.

"Mom!" Diego called out again, before being knocked out by a piece of ceiling falling on his head.

   "Diego, wake up!" Klaus yelled as tried, but failed to wake the man.

Another piece was about to fall on Klaus, but Eleanor thankfully stopped it in time, using her powers to catch the rubble.

"Thanks, El." Klaus said with wide eyes as he saw a larger piece begin to crack.

"I can't hold it much longer, we gotta get out of here." Eleanor warned as Klaus tried to wake Diego up again.

"Diego! Diego!" Klaus yelled, but to no avail.

"Klaus, hurry! I can't..." Eleanor began before feeling herself and Diego get dragged to safety.

"Holy shit..." Klaus said with wide eyes as he stared at nothing.

"Was that Ben?" Eleanor asked in shock and Klaus nodded his head.

"El..." Diego croaked out as he finally came to, refocusing the twins.

"Come on. Come on, come on. Diego!" Klaus yelled as he helped him and Eleanor out of the house.

They hastily made their way down the fire escape as they watched in horror at the place they once called home, being destroyed before their very eyes.

   "You okay? You okay?" Klaus asked worriedly and Eleanor nodded her head breathlessly, wishing she had her inhaler.

   "Hey, you just saved our lives, man." Diego said joyful before enveloping Klaus in a grateful hug.

   "Ok, great." Klaus said, taking the credit as Eleanor and Ben gave him a look of disapproval.

   "Wait, Mom!" Eleanor remembered and the siblings looked up to find her waving sadly from an upstairs window as rumble began to fall around her.

   "Mom! Get out of there now!" They all yelled desperately as Grace waved and blew them a goodbye kiss.

   "I'm coming after you!" Diego announced, before Klaus quickly stopped him.

   "No, Diego!"

   "Please! Mom!" Diego begged, desperate to save her.

   "Get back!" Eleanor shouted and she shielded her brothers with her powers as the final bricks fell.

   "Oh my god...everything is just, gone." Eleanor said as she sorrowfully looked upon the remains of the Academy.

   "Mom! Mom! Guys, come here. Help me search." Diego said as he hastily scoured through the wreckage.

   Eleanor and Klaus gave each other a knowing look, realizing that their mother couldn't have survived.

   "Diego, just stop it. Stop." Klaus tried pulling him back, but the man only resisted.