Chapter 30: The Final Attempt

Meanwhile, at the Military Base, Wes waited and waited, staring at his computer screen until it suddenly dinged. "Yes! It's finished!" He quickly ran over to a machine of some kind, opened it up and then took out a vial of green and glowing liquid. "Okay. 145th time's the charm."

He then slowly injected into a dart and then put it inside a gun and aimed it at a New Born. He closed one of his eyes and then shot at the unconscious creature.

The dart hit him, and injected the glowing green liquid into its body. Wes waited and waited until suddenly, The New Born grew arms and then its heart rate began to slow down. It opened its eyes and then looked around, actually showing...emotion. It was confused. The thing slowly stood up and stumbled around.

"It...IT WORKED!!!!" He screamed. "YES!! YES!! IT WORKED!!!!" He jumped into the air with glee. "EAT SCIENCE, VIRUS!!! HAHAHAHA!!!"

The New Born titled their head, wondering why the hell Wes was so excited.

Fiona then headed in, with that now dried up and small scar over her eye. "Wes? What's with you being so-" Her purple eyes then widened and she slowly faced Wes after seeing The New Born. "You...You did it?!"

"I DID!!! I DID!!! I CREATED A CURE!!!" Wesley exclaimed.

Fiona giggled with pure glee and then hugged her friend tightly, feeling excitement flow through her. "AND THE MACHINES WERE DESTROYED!!!! HAHA!!!!"

The New Born looked from side to side before shrugging and starting to celebrate as well, even though it didn't know why everyone was celebrating.

"Okay! I just have to make about a million more! I have the formula, and the machines I have in my lab can do the rest!"

"Yeah, you're gonna have to make a shit ton more." Fiona laughed. "Oh man, Wes, I could friggin' kiss you for what you did today!!!"

"Heh! What's stopping you-" He then squeaked. "U-Uhh, that isn't what I meant t-to say."

Fiona blushed a little, but chuckled. "R-Right, h-h-heh."

After the awkwardness settled in, Wes cleared his throat. "I'll go, uhh, make more."

"Yeah, good luck, bud." Fiona said with a thumbs up as Wes headed off. She then faced The New Born and waved.

The New Born was a little confused, but smiled and waved back, trying to mimic her. Fiona giggled. "You're the only one I don't wanna take out. You're kinda cute with that face."

Suddenly, she heard a growl and looked at Dipsy, whose eyes were still black. She narrowed her eyes at the monster, but didn't say anything.

Suddenly, Dipsy chuckled and then faced Fiona. "You should've kept him knocked out..."

Fiona's eyes widened and she quickly grabbed her gun as a black creature hopped out of Dipsy's screen and out of the cell, causing Dipsy to go unconscious. It was Shadow. The demon laughed and roared. "I'M NOT LETTING YOU BEAT ME!!!" He then unleashed his claws as Fiona began to shoot at him.

The bullets didn't do anything but force Shadow to stumble backwards. The demon then slashed the gun into pieces and punched Fiona against the wall.

"Fiona?! What's-" Wes was then grabbed by the neck by Shadow and he grinned.

"Hmmm, I remember that Pyro's mind had a lot of memories with you. It almost made me feel sorry for taking him."

Wes growled at the mention of his brother and punched Shadow in the glowing red eye, even though he was being choked.

Shadow roared in pain, dropping Wes and covering his eye. He stumbled around before uncovering his eye and then roaring louder than ever before. He then heard footsteps from nearby, and quickly sealed the door with a black substance so no one could leave or get in. He then faced Wes. "YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT!!!"

Wes groaned, but then backed up against the wall. He couldn't fight a giant demon!

Shadow slowly crept over before getting a small memory of when he met Victor and he grinned. "You remind me of someone. But you're missing something..." He then cackled before lunging at Wes and biting his arm.

Wes screamed in tremendous pain, to the point where everyone in the base could hear it.

"WESLEY!!!" Fiona screamed and grabbed a grenade, but Shadow sent a tendril from his back, grabbing her arm and pinning her to the wall.

Shadow then bit deeper until the bones connecting his arm shattered and the demon ripped off the doctor's arm.

Wes screamed even more as blood began to soak through his lab coat and his dusty green fur. He covered it, unable to keep in cries or screams of pain. He felt lightheaded. Incredibly lightheaded.

Shadow then ATE the arm and then raised his claws. "NOW, I FINISH-"

The New Born suddenly broke out of its cell and grabbed a hold of the tendril holding Fiona and ripped it off, causing Shadow to roar and face. "TRAITOR!!!"

Fiona then dropped to the ground and threw the grenade at the substance, blowing it up and creating an entrance for other soldiers. She then grabbed a pistol and shot Shadow in the eye.

Shadow roared, but then saw Fiona rush over and grab Wes. He scratched her in the chest, sending her tumbling.

The New Born tried to attack Shadow, but the demon swatted him onto Dipsy. He then roared at the incoming soldiers.

"HEY UGLY!" Miles suddenly cried as he went inside the lab and shot Shadow over and over before Walten went over with his chainsaw in hand.

Shadow stumbled backwards over and over before getting slashed in the face by Walten's chainsaw. He growled as he bled, but he didn't bleed blood, he bled the infected custard. He scratched Walten in the chest, and then sliced him in the arm. Walten hissed, but then slammed the chainsaw into his body.

But suddenly, before it could enter his body, the demon caught the running chainsaw by the blade and then somehow ripped it off, destroying the chainsaw.

Walten gasped before being punched. He tumbled onto the floor of the now almost destroyed lab. Miles growled and then ran over and punched Shadow in the glowing red screen and then kicked him into a broken cell, which once belonged to the now cured New Born.

As Shadow hit the glass, the shards stabbed and cut him. But the demon got back on its feet and then roared even more and sprouted multiple tendrils, which grabbed all of them. His glowing red eye then suddenly shot out a beam of red energy at the wall, causing an exit for him.

He then saw bullets being shot at him. He just laughed before going to take his leave with his new prisoners before bullets shot at the tendrils, freeing everyone. "WHAT?!"

"THIS IS FOR MY FRIENDS!!!" A voice screamed as Po suddenly appeared, grabbed the broken blade of the chainsaw and then slammed it into Shadow's back and through his chest.