II

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

It was five in the morning, the clock on your phone sets off, making a loud ringing noise. Your eyes slowly flutter open, landing on the dim street lights on the other side of your large bedroom window. You lazily reach over to the nightstand to turn off the unpleasant sound.

Remembering that it's your first day of work, you quickly pull off the white bed comforter that was laying on top of you. As you get off the bed your warm bare feet touch the cold wooden floor. You walk near the side of your door to flick on the light switch.

You rush into your new apartment bathroom to do your work morning routine. You applied a little amount of makeup, and straightened your hair till satisfied.

You walked over to your closet, searching through it. You settled on a burgundy button-up with the two buttons undone, the shirt loosely tucked into black dress pants, and a pair of two-inch black heels already on your feet.

You made your way to the kitchen to turn on the coffee maker, you prepared your coffee, placing the lid on the to-go cup. You grip the coffee with your left hand, grabbing your brown satchel, and lastly a black blazer that hanged on the hook of the coat rack by your door.

You were now in the drivers seat to your new car that you recently just bought, driving to your soon to be workplace. While the song Knee Socks by the Arctic Monkeys, playing on the radio as you sing along to each of the lyrics.

You finally arrived at the tall beige building, you turn off your car, gathering all of the necessary things you may need. You walk towards the building, more and more nerves building up as you get closer to the entrance.

Stepping into the premises, you immediately wanted to step back out, but you had to put in dedication for this job.

As you kept on walking to the elevator, looking down at the gray flooring, muttering random facts to yourself to keep all the worries that tries to crawl into your thoughts. You accidentally bumped into a tall muscular attractive man.

"Shit! I mean fuck," your hand palmed onto your forehead instantly regretting the words that came out of your mouth. This man was possibly going to be your coworker or even worse; your boss.

"I meant to say, sorry." You said, looking up at him to see him holding his laughter behind his wide smile. He had a nice smile if you were being honest.

"I'll accept your apology if you tell me, what's a pretty girl like you doing here? You seem all nervous and flustered, and it doesn't take a profiler to see that," He chuckled, a smirk appearing on his face.